Qatar Airways has now joined the oneworld® airline alliance.
oneworld® is an alliance of the world's leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. oneworld airlines include: Qatar Airways, airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, TAM Airlines, US Airways and around 30 affiliates.
oneworld’s frequent flyer benefits
oneworld member airlines work together to consistently deliver a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers.
Privilege Club members can earn Qmiles and Qpoints on oneworld flights and redeem Qmiles for any oneworld flights.
Privilege Club Silver, Gold and Platinum members get a corresponding matching tier on oneworld that provide enhanced recognition and benefits on any oneworld flight.
|Privilege Club membership tier||Corresponding matching oneworld tier|
Earning Qmiles and Qpoints: Privilege Club members can earn Qmiles and Qpoints on booking classes for flights marketed** and operated*** by any oneworld airline.
Redeeming Qmiles: Privilege Club members can also redeem their Qmiles for complimentary flights operated** by oneworld airlines or for journeys involving sectors**** on any number of oneworld carriers.
The chart below shows the main benefits that are offered by all oneworld member airlines to Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby tier members.
|oneworld tier benefits|
|oneworld tier status||Ruby||Sapphire||Emerald|
|Qatar Airways Privilege Club membership tiers||
|Earn Qmiles and Qpoints on all oneworld flights||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Redeem Qmiles on all oneworld flights||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to Business Class priority check-in||-||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating *||-||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Priority on waitlists and when on standby||-||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to Business class lounges||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Extra baggage allowance||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Priority baggage handling||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Fast track at security lanes||-||-||-||Yes|
|Access to First Class priority check-in||-||-||-||Yes|
|Access to First Class lounges*****||-||-||-||Yes|
For more details on oneworld please click here.
- *In accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld member airline operating the flight.
- ** Marketed refers to the airline whose flight number is specified on your booking.
- *** Operated refers to the airline you are flying on.
- **** A sector is a part of your itinerary e.g a return trip from London to Bangkok is a 4 sector journey i.e. LHRDOH (1) – DOHBKK (2) – BKKDOH (3) – DOHLHR (4)
-***** Does not grant access for Premium Lounges unless holding a Premium Ticket. Lounge entry is subject to lounge capacity.
- Lounge access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is marketed and operated by a oneworld airline.
- To gain access to lounge, eligible frequent flyer programme members must show their frequent flyer programme membership card and a valid ticket and/or boarding card for a departure marketed and operated by any oneworld airline from that city on that day.
- At peak periods, access to some lounges may be restricted because of capacity constraints. Access may not apply at a limited number of lounges operated by third parties.
- Lounge access is not available to American Airlines’ AAdvantage members travelling on wholly North American itineraries (within the USA, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, Bahamas and the Caribbean).
- Code-share flights carrying the codes of oneworld member airlines but operated by non-oneworld airlines do not offer oneworld services and benefits
- American Airlines and Qantas offer programmes enabling a customer to pay to gain access to their lounges. These lounge members do not automatically gain access to other oneworld carrier lounges as part of the oneworld agreement, but may qualify on oneworld lounge access rules
- Access to arrival lounges is not covered by oneworld agreements.