Upgrade offer FAQs
1. Can I reserve the upgrade now and pay later at a Qatar Airways ticketing office or at the Airport?
No. The upgrade offer is only available when booked and paid immediately, on the Qatar Airways’ payment site using one of the listed payment methods.
2. Can I upgrade my flight at the Airport when I check-in?
It is possible to upgrade your flight at the airport or during online check-in, but you will not be able to avail of this exclusive rate.
3. Is the upgrade offer transferable to another passenger?
No, the upgrade offer is non-transferable. The offer is valid for the passengers within the booking reference indicated in the e-mail offer.
4. If the booking reference has multiple passengers, what if one of the passenger accepts the offer and the others do not?
All the passengers on the booking reference must purchase the upgrade in order to take advantage of this offer. It is not permitted to utilize this offer for a specific passenger within the booking reference.
5. If I am travelling with my companion on the same flight but we are on separate bookings and only I have received and accepted the upgrade offer, is it possible to request for an e-mail offer to be sent to my companion so that we can both travel in the upgraded class? If not, will I be able to cancel the upgrade and get a refund since I do not want to travel in the upgraded class while my companion is traveling in a lower class?
The upgrade offer is only valid for the passengers within the booking reference on the e-mail offer. They can only upgrade if they have received the e-mail offer as well. If they did not receive the e-mail offer, we regret that we cannot extend this offer to them at the moment.
The upgrade offer is non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferrable.
6. Is the upgrade offer valid for one flight or for all the flights in my booking?
The upgrade is only applicable to the flight numbers displayed in the e-mail sent.
7. Can you give me a price for an upgrade for the other flights in my booking?
If you wish to upgrade your other flights too, then you may do so by contacting the nearest Qatar Airways office. You can also upgrade by visiting www.qatarairways.com and using the “Manage a Booking” section. Please note that the Qatar Airways office will not be able to offer you the same upgrade fare for this or any other flights in your booking. This special fare can be availed only through this exclusive e-mail offer sent by Qatar Airways.
8. I have booked two connecting Qatar Airways flights, but the upgrade offer was sent only for one flight. Can I upgrade the second flight?
No. The upgrade offer is only valid for the flight numbers and sector indicated in the e-mail. If you would like to upgrade any sector not mentioned in the e-mail, you must purchase the full Business or First Class fare for the entire itinerary.
9. I have two connecting Qatar Airways flights booked but the upgrade offer was sent only for one flight. After accepting the upgrade offer, can I change my flight or travel on a different date?
Yes, any such change will be allowed, provided that the fare rules and conditions of the original ticket purchased permit this change. Appropriate fare difference and change fee penalties will apply. If you cancel your upgrade and travel in your original booked class, no refund will be provided for the upgrade value. If you change your travel date, you will be rebooked based on the original applicable fare rules. You will not be rebooked in the upgraded class and the upgrade amount will not be refunded.
10. I received and accepted the upgrade offer for my outbound journey. However, I did not receive any offer for my return flights. Can I upgrade my return journey too?
Yes. Any such change will be allowed, provided that the fare rules and conditions of the original ticket purchased permits for such change. Appropriate fare difference (based on full First or Business class fare) and change fees will apply.
11. What are the possible reasons why I did not receive an upgrade offer for other flights?
There are several reasons why you may not have received an email offer, such as:
- Non-availability of seats in the higher cabin
- Your booking is not confirmed
- The original fare at which the ticket has been purchased is not eligible for an upgrade
- You have booked your flight within 7 days of departure
12. How are the passengers selected to receive the upgrade?
Online upgrade passenger selection is based on, but not limited to, the below criteria:
- Passenger has a confirmed ticket on a Qatar Airways operated flight.
- The booking reference has valid e-mail address.
- The fare paid is eligible for upgrade and booked on/or before 8 days prior to departure.
13. Can you give me a cheaper price for the upgrade?
The price given on this offer is non-negotiable.
14. I have a problem processing the payment. I get an error while trying to process my payment online. How can I get help?
You can attempt to pay a maximum of five times online. After this, your payment attempts will be declined. Please check that you have entered the correct credit card details, including the correct “Verified by Visa” password or Mastercard SecureCode. If you are unsure of these, please contact your card issuer. Your card issuer may also apply restrictions for use of your credit card with an internet transaction. Your card issuer may be able to remove these restrictions if you inform them. If you are still facing a problem, please contact Ecommerce helpdesk.
15. Can you assist me with changing my flights or other details in my booking?
To make any other changes to your booking, please contact the Qatar Airways Contact Centre, Qatar Airways offices, or log into “Manage a Booking” on www.qatarairways.com.
16. I have changed my mind and do not want to upgrade, can I cancel it and get a refund? Can I change my travel date and still get the upgrade?
The upgrade is offered for a specific flight number and date of travel mentioned in the offer e-mail sent by Qatar Airways. It is non-changeable and non-refundable. If you cancel your upgrade and travel in your original booked class, no refund will be provided for the upgrade value. If you change your travel date, you will be rebooked based on the original applicable fare rules. You will not be rebooked in the upgraded class.
17. What if I don’t show-up for the flight?
The upgrade offer is non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferrable. You may rebook your travel dates, based on the original applicable fare rules. You will not be rebooked in the upgraded cabin.
18. If I cancel my trip, will I be able to get a refund of the upgrade? If not, can I offer the upgrade to someone else who is travelling on the same flight?
This upgrade fee is non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferrable.
19. Will I earn Qmiles / Qpoints for the upgrade?
Qmiles / Qpoints earned or accrued in Qatar Airways Privilege Club programme will be based on the original booking class, not the upgraded booking class.
20. Will I be able to earn miles using other airlines’ Frequent Flyer Programs when I accept this upgrade?
Miles earned or accrued by members of our partner Airline programmes will be based on the original booking class, not the upgraded booking class.
21. After availing this upgrade offer, can I further upgrade my flight using Qmiles or Qcredits?
No. This upgrade offer cannot be combined with any other upgrade options.
22. Will I be entitled to additional baggage allowance if I accept the upgrade offer?
Passengers accepting the upgrade offer will not be entitled to additional free baggage allowance. However, passengers may purchase additional baggage allowance online through the 'manage booking' feature, or by contacting the nearest Qatar Airways office or their travel agent.
23. Can I access the lounge using this upgrade?
Passengers accepting the upgrade offer will not be entitled to lounge access, unless their originally booked cabin class entitled them for complimentary lounge access; (for example, passengers upgrading from Business Class to First Class will have complimentary access to the Business Class lounge as provided in their original itinerary).
However, passengers who wish to purchase lounge access at Hamad International Airport may do so through the 'Manage booking' online feature, or by contacting the nearest Qatar Airways office during airport check-in from the point of departure or their travel agent.
Can I register to receive similar offers in the future?
We regret that this option is currently not available.