This is a unique programme designed to offer a combination of classroom training with practical on-the-job placement experience. The majority of the training will be hosted in Doha (10 modules in Doha) and two modules will be delivered in Geneva Switzerland. Upon completion of the programme and all required on-the-job training, graduates will be offered positions across the Qatar Airways global network of outstations in different areas of the business. This is an in-depth training programme that could lead to a pathway towards an executive MBA.
The University of Geneva is a multinational and internationally recognised institution for academic excellence. It provides a unique opportunity to build global networks while contributing to the learning experience in specialised aviation training. Graduating from this internationally recognised institution is very valuable and can advance your career.
Qatar Airways, University of Geneva and the International Air Transport Association (IATA), have partnered to offer a Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Aviation Management. The DAS Aviation Management programme is tailored for professionals from the dynamic and international aviation industry and new students, enabling tomorrow’s aspiring aviation leaders to face the challenges of today while planning for growth in the future.
Thanks to a particular blend of innovative teaching methods and a strong alumni network, the participants gain highly relevant knowledge and expertise to manage future management challenges. This unique programme offers the opportunity to gain specialised training with full academic accreditation.
- Provide an overall understanding of the aviation industry
- Provide management tools needed to analyse the business environment
- Map the main financial drivers in the industry
- Help identify, analyse and offer solutions to everyday challenges
Students who successfully complete the programme (36 ECTS credits) will be awarded the Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Aviation Management by the Faculty of Economics and Management at the University of Geneva.
- Must be a Qatari national
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree issued within the last five years, with a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3 from an institution approved by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education
- Fluency in English with a proficiency certificate IELTS 6.5 or equivalent competency in both written and spoken English at an academic level
- CID clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Two years: One year for the education training and one year of job shadowing.
Location of training:
Qatar Airways, Doha - Qatar
University of Geneva, Switzerland
IATA Training Centre, Geneva - Switzerland