Upgrade with Avios
at the airport
Upgrade with Avios at the airport
Upgrade at the airport
You can now redeem your Avios at the airport for an upgrade to Business or First Class on Qatar Airways, when you fly out of Doha, or selected airports.*
You will also be able to claim an upgrade for a guest
Baggage allowance and lounge access are provided as per originally ticketed cabin. If you are a Platinum, Gold or Silver member you will get lounge access and excess baggage based on your tier benefit. For example, if your original ticket was in Economy cabin with 30kg baggage allowance, once you upgrade to Business or First Class your baggage allowance will remain as 30kg.
What cabin can I redeem for?
- Economy to Business Class upgrades (or First Class if there is no Business Class operated on the flight).
- Business to First Class.
- When checking in at Doha, approach the Customer Service Desk located close to rows 4 and 5, to submit your upgrade request.
- When in transit through Doha, approach the Customer Service Desks located at Concourse A, B or C. Alternatively, approach agents at the Al Mourjan, Al Safwa , Privilege Club First Class (for Platinum members) or Business Class (for Gold and Silver members) lounges.
- When checking in at other airports*, approach any Qatar Airways staff member to submit your upgrade request.
- Present your membership card (digital or plastic card); should award seats be available, and you have enough Avios for the upgrade, we shall give you an Upgrade Request form to fill out.
- Avios required for the upgrade will be deducted from your membership account.
- Boarding pass(es) for the upgraded class will then be issued to you.
- Due to limited award seats in our Premium cabins, the processing of an award-upgrade request is subject to availability and will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. Cabin upgrades to First Class are not available on our A380 service to or from London. Cabin upgrades are not available for infants (younger than two years).
|Abidjan||Abuja||Accra||Addis Ababa||Adelaide||Ahmedabad||Al Najaf||Algiers|
|Cebu||Chennai||Chicago||Colombo||Copenhagen||Dallas||Dammam||Dar Es Salaam
|Frankfurt||Guangzhou||Harare||Hangzhou||Hanoi||Helsinki||Ho Chi Minh||Hong Kong|
|Houston||Hyderabad||Isfahan||Istanbul (IST)||Istanbul (SAW)||Jakarta||Jeddah||Johannesburg|
|Kozhikode||Kuala Lumpur||Kuwait||Lagos||Lahore||Larnaca||London(LHR)||Los Angeles|
|Prague||Rome||Salalah||San Fransisco||Sao Paulo||Seoul||Shiraz||Sialkot|
|Tblisi||Tehran||Thiruvananthapuram||Tokyo (HND)||Tokyo (NRT)||Tunis||Vienna||Warsaw|
- Upgrades are applicable only on flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways and will be issued on Qatar Airways documents (ticket numbers starting with 157).
- Bookings made on Promotional fares (Booking classes - W, P and G) are not eligible for redemption upgrades.
- Upgrade requests can be made by main members only, who must be present when requesting an upgrade for other passenger(s).
- Upgrade on departure will not be offered if the main member is not physically present to fill the upgrade form and provide proof of identification.
- Membership card (digital or plastic cards) and valid passport or government issued identification of main member must be presented at the time of upgrade.
- The processing of an upgrade request is subject to seat/meal availability, and shall be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis, solely at the discretion of Qatar Airways.
- Award upgrades for Qatar Airways flights from select airports are based solely on the main member’s intended day of departure and original flight date.
- Upgrades are permitted only within one sector from the point of departure.
- Avios deducted for an upgrade will be on a per-sector basis.
- Difference of taxes (if applicable) for the upgraded sector will have to be paid at time of the upgrade request.
- Tickets such as ID/AD, travel industry reduced rates, free/non-revenue, staff promotional or those tickets issued under some promotional fares, are not eligible for an upgrade.
- Baggage allowance will be offered as per the original ticketed cabin.
- Lounge access will be as per original ticketed class, if eligible, and is subject to availability.
- If member has requested a special meal in Economy Class, the meal may not be served in the upgraded cabin.
- All menu meal options in Premium Class are subject to availability.
- Avios will be earned based on the original booking class purchased and not on the upgraded class.
- Limited award upgrade seats are available.
- Award upgrade requests at an airport are not valid for infants (younger than two years).
- Please check your ticket or contact any Qatar Airways office for details.
- Upgrade on Departure is not applicable for passengers with Cabin Baggage (CBBG) or Extra Seat (EXST).