Your seat, your preference
Your seat, your preference
Enhance your journey with more seating options in Economy
Whether you wish to have generous legroom, a more comfortable workspace, prefer a window or aisle seat, or even a vacant seat next to you, you can now choose your seat of preference with a click of a button when you book on qatarairways.com or on our mobile app.
Plus, enjoy incredible savings when paying for seat selection with Cash + Avios.
Standard Seat Selection
On most fare types, Standard Seat Selection is available free of charge.
- If you are travelling in Economy (Comfort) or Economy (Convenience) you can select your standard seat free of charge any time from the moment you book your flight. Additional charges will apply only on preferred / extra legroom seat selection.
- If you are travelling in Economy (Classic), there is a charge for seat selection.
Otherwise, you can wait until online check-in opens 48 hours prior to departure and select a regular seat free of charge, taking into consideration your preferred seat may be unavailable at this time.Select your seat
Select your Preferred Seat online
Stretch out with extra personal space
Travel in comfort by selecting an Extra Legroom seat. You can view the extra legroom seats available on your upcoming flight by managing your booking.
Extra Legroom seats are located in the exit rows and bulk head seats.
Please note, families travelling who require a bassinet please reserve a bassinet seat by contacting the nearest Qatar Airways office.Purchase now
Guarantee a vacant space next to you
Economy Reserve allows you to reserve the adjacent seat for your comfort during the flight.
Utilise the additional space to stretch out, enjoy more room for travelling families or create a comfortable work environment.
To take advantage of these benefits on your next flight, request an Economy Reserve seat at the airport check-in desk or Hamad International Airport transit information desks.
- Customers holding stand-by or unconfirmed tickets are not eligible for purchases of Economy Reserve products.
- Economy Reserve seats shall not be used to store cabin baggage or as an alternative for cabin baggage which is accepted as special load.
- Purchasing a ticket for an additional seat is not intended for use by pets flying in the passenger cabin.
- Economy Reserve is not available when seated in emergency exit rows, extra legroom seats or bulk head seats.
- Refund conditions apply to purchases of Economy Reserve products.
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the purchase of Economy Reserve product provided by Qatar Airways Group Q.C.S.C, incorporated and existing under the laws of the State of Qatar with its registered office at P.O.Box 22550, Doha, State of Qatar for an opportunity to travel comfortably without anyone sitting next to you:
1. Economy Reserve Selection
- 1.1 The person making the purchase must be at least eighteen (18) years old and must have reached the legal age of majority in his/her country of residence.
- 1.2 Economy Reserve selection is available on Qatar Airways operated flights only and customers must hold confirmed economy class e-ticket on Qatar Airways. If travel includes any partner airline (codeshare or interline flights), please contact the operating airline for further information.
- 1.3 Economy Reserve selection and purchase is subject to availability of seats at time of check-in and is subject to Qatar Airways Conditions of Carriage for passengers and baggage. Economy Reserve selection may be restricted for operational and safety reasons and cannot be made for emergency exit seats, extra leg seats or bulkhead seats. There is a limited number of Economy Reserve seats available on each flight.
The charges for the Economy Reserve product (i) are only valid for the relevant transaction; (ii) may vary across flights; (iii) are, unless otherwise stated, per passenger, per segment; (iv) include any applicable taxes, charges and fees (v) are non‑refundable except for the cases described in section 4 Refunds; and (vi) are in United States Dollars and the payment in any local currency will be calculated as per the Bankers Selling Rate (BSR) on date of payment for the product. You must retain the EMD/payment receipt as proof of your purchase.
3. Economy Reserve Purchase Conditions
- 3.1 Economy Reserve once purchased is personal, non-refundable, non-endorsable, non-transferable between passengers. A maximum of three (3) Economy Reserve seats can be purchased by a single customer on a flight segment.
- 3.2 Economy Reserve purchases are only for the use of the person who has purchased the seat (s) for personal comfort and privacy. If you are travelling with infants you may purchase an Economy Reserve product if adjacent seats are available but not across the aisle and you must comply with all safety requirements. Your purchase guarantees you the choice of the following criteria: regular (window, aisle or middle), preferred (window, aisle or middle; upper or lower deck), or extra legroom. We will do our best to provide the seats you reserve. However, we may have to move you to a different seat in case of disruption, aircraft change, or for any other operational, safety or security reasons.
- 3.3 The purchase of an additional seat is not intended for passengers requiring medical equipment or for passengers flying with baggage that requires an additional seat. Purchase of an Economy Reserve does not entitle a passenger to additional benefits, such as receiving an additional meal or additional hand or checked baggage.
- 3.4 Where an Economy Reserve has been purchased, a customer will not be eligible to purchase cabin upgrades. Your purchase is valid for the type of service purchased on the specific flight and not eligible for any changes to another flight or date. You will not earn Avios on your purchase of the Economy Reserve product.
4. Refunds or Cancellation
- 4.1 You shall be entitled to a refund of your purchase in the following limited cases:
- (a) You were not able to use the assigned seat for reasons attributable to Qatar Airways including but not limited to safety, security or operational reasons, overbooking, change of aircraft, seat re-assignment and the product you originally purchased is not available but excluding reasons attributable to your action; or
- (b) Your flight is canceled or re-routed by Qatar Airways and Qatar Airways re-accommodates you onto another flight and the product you originally purchased is not available; or
- (c) You booked your flight via www.qatarairways.us/english including a flight sector to or from the USA, Qatar Airways cancelled your flight and you chose to cancel your flight within twenty-four (24) hours of booking; or
- (d) You voluntarily change your flight (date, flight or route) and the Economy Reserve product you purchased is not available; or
- (e) You are upgraded to a higher cabin whether voluntarily or by Qatar Airways; or
- (f) If you have already paid for a seat selection and at the time of check-in you choose to purchase an Economy Reserve product, you will be refunded for the seat selection charges.
- 4.2 You are not entitled to any refund of your purchase where:
- (a) You voluntarily decide not to use the Economy Reserve product you have purchased; or
- (b) You voluntarily cancel your flight (except as stated in section 4.1 (c) above).
- 4.3 If you are denied carriage or decide to self off-load in accordance with Article 8 of the Qatar Airways Conditions of Carriage for passengers and baggage, you may be eligible for a refund. In the event that you are entitled to a refund based on the above or under any applicable law, we will refund the full amount including any refundable tax (unless otherwise stated). To make a refund request, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any part of these Terms and Conditions found by any court or other competent authority to be unenforceable shall be considered severable so as not to affect the remainder of the Terms and Conditions in any way. A person who is not a party to the Terms and Conditions has no rights to enforce any part of the Terms and Conditions (whether under any applicable law or otherwise) to the extent permitted by law. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of State of Qatar and all legal relations between you and Qatar Airways shall be governed by Qatari law to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and international private law. In business transactions with consumers within the European Union, the law of the consumer's place of residence may also be applicable if mandatory consumer law provisions are involved. To the extent permitted by law, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Qatar for settlement of any dispute, which might arise as a result of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall be read in conjunction with our Qatar Airways Conditions of Carriage, which is available at https://www.qatarairways.com/en-qa/legal/conditions-of-carriage.html. Any personal data provided to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which is available at https://www.qatarairways.com/en/legal/privacy.html. Qatar Airways reserves the right to limit or revoke the product offering at any time prior to purchase.
6. Contact Us
Should you have any questions on your purchase of Economy Reserve, please contact our agent at the time of check-in or at any time via email at email@example.com.
- Charges are per passenger and per flight.
- Once purchased, seats are non-refundable/non-transferable.
- Changes are permitted only to a similar seat characteristic.
- Changes are permitted on the same flight/routing.
- Seat purchase value is refundable in case of involuntary changes to your seat due to safety, security or operational reasons.
- Customers are not eligible for Seat selection refunds:
- When voluntary or involuntary upgrading to a higher Cabin Class.
- When selecting a lower valued seat after purchasing a higher valued seat.
- When adding Qatar Airways Privilege Club or a oneworld membership information to the reservation after purchasing a seat.
- When a customer makes a voluntary flight changes to their itinerary including flight dates with different routing, or changing another flight operated by a different airline.
- When an involuntary change is made and the new seat has similar characteristics to the purchased seat.
- Customers travelling with infant(s) and all accompanying passengers in the same booking reference will be able to select their seats free of charge. Bassinet seats selection does not guarantee infant bassinet.
- For emergency exit seats, customers must be:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to understand the instructions printed on the Cabin Safety Card and follow the Cabin Crew directions in English during an emergency evacuation.
- Be physically fit and healthy without any medical condition, pregnancy, or impairment related to mobility, hearing, vision or mental health.
- Travelling without infant(s), children or service dogs.
- Emergency seats may be reassigned before or during the journey without any refund if the airline determines that the passenger does not meet any of the above requirements.