Qatar Airways University Scholarship Programme provide financial and academic support to Qatari nationals (and children of Qatari mothers) who are recent high school graduates to enrol into the undergraduate scholarship (Bachelor’s degrees studies) inside and outside the State of Qatar.
The scholarship is fully funded by Qatar Airways and covers the tuition fees, the monthly stipend, the cost of living, health insurance, and the cost of travel to the country of study.
After graduation, the student will join Qatar Airways under the Graduate Development Programme.
For students who are currently studying at universities inside or outside the State of Qatar, click here for transferring scholarship conditions.
Conditions for University Scholarship (High School Fresh Graduates)
Note: Scholarship Students selection will be made on a competitive basis between all applicants for a limited number of Scholarships per year as may be determined by Qatar Airways from time to time.
Students who recently completed their High (Secondary) School studies may apply to the Qatar Airways Scholarship Programme for University Undergraduate Studies (Bachelor Degrees) if they meet all of the following conditions:
1. Be a Qatari National (or the Student’s mother is a Qatari National).
2. Be of good conduct and repute.
3. Be medically fit and pass all prescribed medical examinations.
4. Must be above the age of 17 years and below 24 years at the time of application.
5. Must have graduated from High (Secondary) School in the past three (3) years.
Note: Qatari-Mother Students must have completed all their study stages in the State of Qatar.
6. The minimum High (Secondary) School overall score shall be:
● For Qatari-National Students: 85%.
● For Qatari-Mother Students: 90%.
High (Secondary) School Certificates not issued by the Qatar Ministry of Education must have an Equivalency Statement from the Qatar Ministry of Education showing the total percentage mark.
7. Recent overall IELTS band score (attained in the last 24 months), as follows:
● For Qatari-National Students: 5.5 (not less than 5.0 in each component).
● For Qatari-Mother Students: 6.0 (not less than 5.0 in each component).
8. The university field of study (major and minor) must be on the Qatar Airways accepted list of study majors.
9. The chosen university is accredited by the Qatar Ministry of Education and is in a country acceptable to Qatar Airways.
10. If the university is outside the State of Qatar, submission of a letter of Pre-approval Letter from the Qatar Ministry of Education permitting studying overseas in the named university and study major.
11. Must submit a final recent unconditional letter of acceptance from a university accredited by the Qatar Ministry of Education, in the Qatar Airways’ accepted field of study. The letter must indicate the study major, courses and subjects, the type of study, the study start and end dates, the study plan, and the semester course fees, and if the study includes a university foundation year.
12. For male Qatari-Nationals, a statement of completion, exemption, or deferral of the Qatar National Service from the Qatar National Service Academy.
13. Must not be currently sponsored by any other entity or company.
14. Must not be currently employed or working for any other entity.
15. Must not be a former employee of Qatar Airways or had a previously cancelled or terminated scholarship for disciplinary or academic reasons.
16. Must have a guarantor who is a Qatari National who is willing to guarantee and payback to Qatar Airways the scholarship expenses and fees paid by Qatar Airways in case of Student’s failure and cancellation of the scholarship, or withdrawal from the scholarship or failure to join Qatar Airways, or resigning from Qatar Airways prior to completing the required service in accordance with the Scholarship Contract.
17. Any other document or information as may be requested by Qatar Airways for the purpose of establishing eligibility for the scholarship in accordance with Qatar Airways scholarship regulations.
1. Applications are only accepted for Undergraduate Studies (Bachelor's Degree or equivalent). Postgraduate (Master Degrees and above) study scholarships are not available.
2. Full Bachelor Degree study must not exceed four (4) years.
3. The study and course subjects shall be in English.
4. Qatari-Mother Students’ applications will only be reviewed for local university studies in the State of Qatar.
5. High (Secondary) School Certificates not issued by the Qatar Ministry of Education must have an Equivalency Statement from the Qatar Ministry of Education showing the individual subjects marks and the total percentage mark.
6. Continuation of Postgraduate Studies (Master’s Degree) immediately following graduation from Undergraduate Studies is not permitted; and the Student must return for work in Qatar Airways as stated in the Scholarship Contract.
7. Upon graduation, the Student must immediately sign the Employment Contract with Qatar Airways and accept the department and work location assigned to him/her by Qatar Airways, and will be enrolled in the Graduate Development Programme.
The Student will be obligated to work for a minimum of five (5) years with Qatar Airways after graduation, and his/her future assigned job may require shift duties.
8. University studies are accepted in the following countries: Qatar, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia, and such other countries as may be determined by Qatar Airways from time to time.
9. Qatar Airways reserves the right to change the admission requirements, conditions of acceptance, accepted study majors, accepted universities, and the accepted study locations at any time without prior notice.
In order to submit and proceed with the application on the Qatar Airways’ website, the applicant must ensure that the following documents are available and ready before starting the application (in jpeg, png, pdf, or word format):
(A) For All Applicants:
The following documents must all be provided (uploaded) by all applicants:
1. Copy (coloured) of Student’s valid passport.
2. Copy (coloured) of Student’s valid Qatar ID card (both sides).
3. Copy (coloured) of Student’s recent passport-sized photo.
4. Copy (coloured) of Guarantor’s valid passport.
5. Copy (coloured) of Guarantor’s valid Qatar ID card (both sides).
Educational and Other Documents:
6. Copy of the High School Certificate (or the Equivalency Certificate issued by the Qatar Ministry of Education) showing the date of completing High School (not older than 3 years) and subjects grades.
7. Copy of Student’s recent IELTS certificate (not older than 24 months).
8. Copy of recent unconditional letter from the accredited university in the accepted field of study.
9. If the university is outside the State of Qatar, submission of a copy of the Pre-approval Letter from the Qatar Ministry of Education permitting the Student to study overseas in the named university and in the study major.
10. For male Qatari Students, copy of the Certificate of completion, deferral, of exemptions of the Qatar National Service.
11. Letter “To Whom It May Concern” from the Qatar Ministry of Education that the Student is not under scholarship from the Ministry of Education.
12. Letter “To Whom It May Concern” from the Qatar Ministry of Labour for proof of Student’s non-employment.
(B) Additional Documents for Qatari-Mother Applicants:
For Qatari-Mother applicants, all of the following additional documents must also be provided:
13. Copy of mother’s valid ID Card (both sides).
14. Copy of Student’s birth certificate issued by the Qatar Ministry of Health.
15. To Whom It May Concern Certificate (from Qatar Ministry of Education) stating that all educational stages have been completed in Qatari schools.
1st Stage: Initial Shortlisted Candidates
Following the submission of all data and documents (and the review by Qatar Airways), if the Student is shortlisted in the initial candidates’ list, the Student will be notified to attend a personal interview with the Qatar Airways’ selection panel, and may be requested to undergo any required tests and/or submit any required, updated, or missing documents.
2nd Stage: Selected Candidates
If the Student is selected, he/she will be notified in writing and he/she shall be required to:
1. Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate (CID Clearance) from the Qatar Ministry of Interior.
2. Undergo and pass the required medical tests.
3. Provide the Guarantor’s recent salary certificate, or recent pension salary certificate (not older than 3 months), or valid commercial company register owned by the Guarantor.
4. Provide Student’s Qatari local bank IBAN number certificate.
5. Sign (together with his/her Guarantor) the Scholarship Contract with Qatar Airways.
Please make sure that you have all the required documents ready (in jpeg, png, pdf, or word format) before proceeding to the application page.
For more information contact:
+974 4022 2096