Upgrade your journey
Upgrade your journey
Experience luxury like never before
Transform your journey on board and enjoy the luxurious space of Qatar Airways Business or First Class.
Sit back, relax and enjoy a fully lie-flat bed, award-winning service, delectable cuisine on-demand and extensive entertainment options. Upgrade your journey from Economy Class to Premium to make your travel experience on board Qatar Airways simply unforgettable.
A space that is your own
Experience the great design of a high-tech oasis, where you can settle into unparalleled comfort, and adapt your personal space to suit your needs.
Lie-flat bed with turndown service
Our bespoke turndown service complete with pillows, a quilted mattress and a soft, plush duvet provides for a restful journey. *Lie-flat bed is not guaranteed and is subject to availability
Qatar Airways takes endless care to anticipate the needs of our passengers, so each of your needs are attended to.
Delicious on board dining
Relish sumptuous cuisine designed by the best chefs in the world and savour expertly served exclusive vintages.
Book your upgrade
Explore the many ways you can book an upgrade with us. Upgrades can be booked a few days before your departure and are subject to availability.
On our mobile app
Download the Qatar Airways mobile app and use 'My Trips' to add your upcoming trip to your personalised dashboard. This will ensure you receive any upgrade offers from Qatar Airways if available for your journey.*Download now
At airport check in
At the airport check-in counter, approach any Qatar Airways staff member to purchase an ‘Upgrade on Departure’ onwards to Doha. If you intend to purchase an upgrade for your journey beyond Doha to another destination on our flight network, speak to any one of our Qatar Airways staff members at Hamad International Airport (HIA), Doha.
At Hamad International Airport
Visit our dedicated counter for ‘Upgrade on Departure’ conveniently located in the Market Hall at Hamad International Airport (HIA) to purchase an upgrade from Doha to your onward destination while you are transiting. If your journey is originating from Doha, you may approach the ‘Upgrade on Departure’ designated counter after check-in and immigration.
*Terms and conditions apply to each upgrade booking method.
Complement your journey
Book our additional services that will make your trip even more rewarding.
Terms and conditions
Always on upgrade offer (whereby passengers have the ability to pay the fare difference between their booked seat class (e.g. economy) and the next higher class (e.g. business) in order to be upgraded to the higher class) is applicable to all passengers named and listed on the booking itinerary.
This offer is not available at the airport or Qatar Airways Contact Centers. All passengers in the booking must purchase the upgrade. It is not permitted to purchase upgrades for specific passengers selectively within the booking. The rebooking fees and cancellation penalties will be based on fare rules of the new ticket reissuance.
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions are ancillary to any other terms and conditions applicable at the time of booking / upgrade and shall apply in addition to such terms to an upgrade opportunity made by Qatar Airways to you to upgrade your travel for the specific route in the offer communicated to you.
- You must be at least 21 years of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included in the offer to these terms and conditions.
- The Always on upgrade is only available for QR operated and issued tickets.
- The upgrade offer must be purchased prior to the time equivalent to the departure time of the ticketed flight on the date falling 14 days prior to the date of the ticketed flight.
- The upgrade offer is limited to the entire duration of the booking (ie origin location to final destination location or if a return flight, for the entire return trip), not for any individual flight segments within the booking.
- The upgrade offer is subject to availability at the time of purchase and ticket reissuance. Seat availability is not reserved or guaranteed until the upgrade has been purchased and ticketed. Qatar Airways reserves the right to amend, limit or revoke the upgrade offer at any time prior to purchase and ticketing.
- In the event you accepted the offer and your credit card was charged the upgrade offer amount but an upgrade was not provided by Qatar Airways due to the non-availability of seats in the upgraded class of service, the amount paid for the upgrade will be refunded to the credit card used to pay the upgrade.
- The upgrade can be paid for using any type of credit card accepted by Qatar Airways. Qatar Airways accepts no responsibility for any online technical issues resulting in the failure to accept and pay for an upgrade within the time limit.
- Avios / Qpoints earned or accrued on Qatar Airways Privilege club program will be based on the upgraded cabin / booking class.
- Avios earned or accrued by members of our partner airlines programs in their respective frequent flyer programs will be based on upgraded cabin / booking class .All passengers on the booking must purchase the upgrade. It is not permitted to purchase for specific passengers within the booking.
- The quoted offer amount for an upgrade can change from time to time at the discretion of Qatar Airways, and will be inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees.
- In the event of flight disruptions or involuntary downgrades, the full upgrade amount (ticket issued value) should be refunded and the then current QR compensation policies will apply.
- The upgrade offer is offered on a discretionary basis, is subject to availability and is non-transferable. Any subsequent changes or cancellation of tickets will be based on fare rules of the new ticket reissuance.
- Baggage allowance will be based on the upgraded cabin /booking class.
- Passengers accepting the upgrade offer will be entitled to lounge access based on the upgraded cabin / booking class.
- Any addons pre-purchased such as seat selection, lounge access, prior to the Always on upgrade which is subsequently not utilized in the new cabin can be refunded by writing to tell-us@Qatarairways.com.qa.
- This exclusive offer is applicable to all passengers named and listed on the booking itinerary. The upgrade is only valid for the specific flight number(s) and date mentioned and may not be applicable to the entire itinerary. You can only purchase this one-time offer using one of the payment methods available online.
- All passengers in the booking must purchase the upgrade. It is not permitted to purchase upgrades for specific passengers selectively within the booking. This offer to upgrade select itineraries within the booking is non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferrable. Mileage credit will be earned/accrued based on the original ticketed booking class and not the upgraded booking class of travel. If you have other Qatar Airways flights indicated on the booking not included in the offer, it will remain in the same class of service as originally booked. Please refer to the terms and conditions for further details. This offer is only applicable to the flight(s) specified above and does not include access to premium lounges or additional baggage allowance unless otherwise specified in the offer.
- View all Frequently Asked Questions here.
Terms and conditions
- You must be at least 21 years of age and able to enter into binding contracts. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the offer to these terms and conditions.
- The upgrade offer is only applicable to the specific flight mentioned in the offer. If there are other flights within the booking not included in the offer, these will remain in the original booking class.
- This upgrade offer is subject to availability at the time of purchase and ticketing. Seat availability is not reserved or guaranteed until the upgrade has been purchased and ticketed. Qatar Airways reserves the right to amend, limit or revoke the upgrade offer at any time prior to purchase and ticketing.
- If the upgrade offer was received through email/ push notification, it must be purchased within the stipulated time mentioned in the offer email and through the link provided. Qatar Airways reserves the right to void the offer and reject the purchase after the given time limit. If the upgrade offer was received through email, the upgrade can only be purchased using the link provided in the email offer and to be paid using any one of the following credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club).
- Qatar Airways accepts no responsibility for any online technical issues resulting in the failure to accept and pay for an upgrade within the time limit.
- Avios/Qpoints earned or accrued on the Qatar Airways Privilege Club programme will be based on the original cabin of service/booking class, not the upgraded cabin/booking class.
- Miles earned or accrued by members of our partner airlines programmes in their respective frequent flyer programmes will be based on the original cabin of service/booking class, not the upgraded cabin/booking class.
- All passengers on the booking must purchase the upgrade. It is not permitted to purchase for a specific passenger within the booking.
- The quoted offer amount for an upgrade includes all applicable taxes and fees.
- This upgrade offer is non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferrable. The fare conditions associated with the original ticket purchased remains the same even after purchasing the upgrade, including, but limited to, cancellation policies, rebooking fees, baggage allowance, lounge access and rules relating to frequent flyer miles accrual.
- Any subsequent upgrades, after using the online upgrade offer for the same flight sector and flight date, will not be allowed.
- If the upgrade offer was received through notification (email/ mobile app), after accepting the upgrade offer for the specific flight mentioned in the notification email, any cabin upgrades will not be permissible for all other flight sectors (not mentioned in the offer notification email) that connect to the specific upgraded flight.
- Only one cabin upgrade, to the next highest class, is permissible.
- In the event you accepted the offer and your credit card was charged by the offer amount, but the upgrade was not provided by Qatar Airways due to non-availability of the seat in the upgraded class of service, the amount paid for the upgrade will be refunded to the credit card used to pay for the upgrade.
- Checked and cabin baggage allowances follow Qatar Airways’ baggage rules for the originally booked cabin class unless otherwise specified at the time of upgrade.
- Every effort will be made to ensure original special meal requests remain. However, Qatar Airways accepts no responsibility if a special meal request is not met. Customers are advised to check any special requests for their booking via the ‘Manage a Booking’ online feature at qatarairways.com.
- Upgrades are only applicable on flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways.
- Upgrades will only be available between Two (2) hours to sixty (60) minutes prior to flight departure, depending on your country of departure. Please check with the airport staff during check-in to confirm upgrade availability for your flight.
- The processing of an upgrade request is subject to seat/meal availability, and shall be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis, solely at the discretion of Qatar Airways.
- For passengers travelling with infants, upgrades are permitted on flights departing from Doha only.
- Upgrades are only permitted for one sector - from the point of departure to/from Doha. Transit customers can purchase an upgrade for their onward connecting flight beyond Doha through the HIA ‘Upgrade on Departure’ counter only.
- The upgrade amount is inclusive of all taxes and fees.
- Cabin upgrades to First Class are not available on our A380 service to or from London.
- If a customer has requested for a special meal in Economy Class, the meal may not be served in the upgraded cabin.
- All menu meal options in Business and First Class are subject to availability.
- The upgrade purchased is exempt from lounge access and additional baggage allowance.
- Avios will be earned based on the original booking class purchased and not based on the upgraded cabin.
- Upgrades are not applicable for passengers with additional seats for Cabin Baggage (CBBG) or Extra Seat (EXST).
- Tickets such as ID/AD, travel industry reduced rates, free/non-revenue, staff promotional or those tickets issued under some promotional fares are not eligible for purchasing an upgrade.
Upgrade at airport check in with Avios
Addis Ababa (ADD), Algiers (ALG), Asmara (ASM), Cape Town (CPT), Casablanca (CMN), Dar Es Salaam (DAR), Djibouti (JIB), Durban (DUR), Entebbe (EBB), Johannesburg (JNB), Khartoum (KRT), Kigali (KGL), Kilimanjaro (JRO), Lagos (LOS), Maputo (MPM), Marrakech (RAK), Nairobi (NBO), Seychelles (SEZ), Windhoek (WDH),Zanzibar (ZNZ)
Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Buenos Aires (EZE), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DFW), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Montreal (YUL), New York (JFK), Philadelphia (PHL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Washington (IAD),
Adelaide (ADL), Ahmedabad (AMD), Amritsar (ATQ), Auckland (AKL), Bengaluru (BLR), Bangkok (BKK), Beijing (PEK), Canberra (CBR), Chennai (MAA), Chiang Mai (CNX), Chongqing (CKG), Chengdu (CTU), Clark (CRK), Colombo (CMB), Da Nang (DAD), Delhi (DEL), Goa (GOI), Guangzhou (CAN), Haneda (HND), Hangzhou (HGH), Hanoi (HAN), Ho Chi Minh City (SGN), Hong Kong (HKG), Hyderabad (HYD), Jakarta (CGK), Kathmandu (KTM), Kochi (COK), Kolkata (CCU), Kozhikode (CCJ), Krabi (KBV), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Langkawi (LGK), Maldives (MLE), Manila (MNL), Melbourne (MEL), Mumbai (BOM), Nagpur (NAG), Osaka (KIX), Penang (PEN), Perth (PER), Phnom Penh (PNH), Phuket (HKT), Seoul (ICN), Shanghai (PVG), Singapore (SIN), Sydney (SYD), Thiruvananthapuram (TRV), Tokyo (NRT), Yangon (RGN)
Amman (AMM), Basra (BSR), Beirut (BEY), Doha (DOH), Erbil (EBL), Faisalabad (LYP), Islamabad (ISB), Karachi (KHI), Kuwait (KWI), Lahore (LHE), Mashhad (MHD), Multan (MUX), Muscat (MCT), Najaf (NJF), Peshawar (PEW), Salalah (SLL), Shiraz (SYZ), Sialkot (SKT), Sohar (OHS), Sulaymaniyah (ISU), Tehran (IKA)
Adana (ADA), Amsterdam (AMS), Ankara (ESB), Antalya (AYT), Arlanda (ARN), Ataturk (ISL), Athens (ATH), Barcelona (BCN), Belgrade (BEG), Berlin (TXL), Birmingham (BHX), Bodrum (BJV), Bodrum (BXN), Brussels (BRU), Bucharest (OTP), Budapest (BUD), Cardiff (CWL), Copenhagen (CPH), Dublin (DUB), Edinburgh (EDI), Frankfurt (FRA),Geneva (GVA), Helsinki (HEL), Izmir (ADB), Kyiv (KBP), Larnaca (LCA), Lisbon (LIS), London Gatwick (LGW), London Heathrow (LHR), Madrid (MAD), Malta (MLA), Manchester (MAN), Milan (MXP), Moscow (DME), Munich (MUC), Mykonos (JMK), Nice (NCE), Oslo (OSL), Paris (CDG), Pisa (PSA), Prague (PRG), Rome (FCO), Istanbul [Sabiha] (SAW), Sofia (SOF), Tbilisi (TBS), Thessaloniki (SKG), Tunis (TUN), Venice (VCE), Vienna (VIE), Warsaw (WAW), Yerevan (EVN), Zagreb (ZAG), Zurich (ZRH)