The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Scholarship Programme aims to develop skilled Qatari aircraft maintenance engineers who will play a pivotal role in maintaining the safety and efficiency of Qatar Airways’ aircraft ﬂeets. The programme includes a 12 months’ foundational math, science, and English (if required), a 27 months’ Diploma programme at the Qatar Aeronautical Academy in the State of Qatar, and an additional two (2) years of the on-the-job training at Qatar Airways aircraft maintenance facilities in Doha.
Conditions for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME) Scholarship
Note: Scholarship Students selection will be made on a competitive basis between all applicants for a limited number of Scholarships per year as may be determined by Qatar Airways from time to time.
Students who recently completed their High (Secondary) School studies may apply for the grant of a Qatar Airways Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Scholarship Programme (at the Qatar Aeronautical Academy) if they meet all of the following applicable conditions:
1. Be a Qatari National (or the Student’s mother is a Qatari National).
2. Be of good conduct and repute.
3. Be medically fit and pass all prescribed medical examinations.
4. Must be above the age of 17 years and below 24 years at the time of application.
5. Must have graduated from High (Secondary) School in the past three (3) years.
Note: Qatari-Mother Students must have completed all their study stages in the State of Qatar.
6. The minimum High (Secondary) School (Scientific stream/section) or High Technical School with an overall score shall be:
- For Qatari-National Students: 70%.
- For Qatari-Mother Students: 75%.
High (Secondary) School Certificates not issued by the Qatar Ministry of Education must have an Equivalency Statement from the Qatar Ministry of Education showing the total percentage mark.
7. Recent overall IELTS band score (attained in the last 24 months), as follows:
- For Qatari-National Students: 5.0 (not less than 4.5 in each component).
- For Qatari-Mother Students: 5.5 (not less than 4.5 in each component).
8. Attending and passing all Qatar Aeronautical Academy’s placement/assessment tests and providing Qatar Airways with a letter of admission acceptance from the Qatar Aeronautical Academy stating the following:
The applicant is accepted for a direct entry into the AME Programme study majors.
- For Qatar-National Students: Admission was accepted into either the Level-1 or the Level-2 Foundation Programme.
- For Qatari-Mother Students: Admission was accepted into the Level-2 Foundation Programme.
9. For male Qatari-Nationals, a statement of completion, exemption, or deferral of the Qatar National Service from the Qatar National Service Academy.
10. Must not be currently sponsored by any other entity or company.
11. Must not be currently employed or working for any other entity.
12. Must not be a former employee of Qatar Airways or had a previously cancelled or terminated scholarship for disciplinary or academic reasons.
13. Must have a guarantor who is a Qatari National who is willing to guarantee and payback to Qatar Airways the scholarship expenses and fees paid by Qatar Airways in case of Student’s failure and cancellation of the scholarship, or withdrawal from the scholarship or failure to join Qatar Airways, or resigning from Qatar Airways prior to completing the required service in accordance with the Scholarship Contract.
14. Any other document or information as may be requested by Qatar Airways for the purpose of establishing eligibility for the scholarship in accordance with Qatar Airways scholarship regulations.
1. The foundation programme study shall not exceed one (1) academic year (two semesters), and the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers majors study shall not exceed 27 months.
2. High (Secondary) School Certificates not issued by the Qatar Ministry of Education must have an Equivalency Statement from the Qatar Ministry of Education showing the individual subjects marks and the total percentage mark.
3. Upon graduation, the Student must immediately sign the Employment Contract with Qatar Airways, and the Student (as a Trainee Engineer) must attend technical training (On-Job-Training Programme) for two (2) years at the Company’s facilities to prepare him/her for obtaining the Qatar Civil Aviation Authority’s Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Licence.
The Student will be obligated to work for a minimum of five (5) years with Qatar Airways after completion of his/her scholarship, and his/her future assigned job will require shift duties.
4. Qatar Airways reserves the right to change the admission requirements and the conditions of acceptance, at any time without prior notice.
In order to submit and proceed with the application on the Qatar Airways’ website, the applicant must ensure that the following documents are available and ready before starting the application (in jpeg, png, pdf, or word format):
(A) For All Applicants:
The following documents must all be provided (uploaded) by all applicants:
1. Copy (coloured) of Student’s valid passport.
2. Copy (coloured) of Student’s valid Qatar ID card (both sides).
3. Copy (coloured) of Student’s recent passport-sized photo.
4. Copy (coloured) of Guarantor’s valid passport.
5. Copy (coloured) of Guarantor’s valid Qatar ID card (both sides).
Educational and Other Documents:
6. Copy of High School Certificate (scientific stream/section) (or the Equivalency Certificate issued by the Qatar Ministry of Education) showing the date of completing High School (not older than 3 years) and subjects grades.
7. Copy of Student’s recent IELTS certificate (not older than 24 months).
8. Letter of admission acceptance from the Qatar Aeronautical Academy indicating the admission test results and the entry-level accepted into the Academy.
9. For male Qatari Students, copy of the Certificate of completion, deferral, of exemptions of the Qatar National Service.
10. To Whom It May Concern letter from the Qatar Ministry of Education that the Student is not under scholarship from the Ministry of Education.
11. Letter “To Whom It May Concern” for proof of Student’s non-employment from the Qatar Ministry of Labour.
(B) Additional Documents for Qatari-Mother Applicants:
For Qatari-Mother applicants, all of the following additional documents must also be provided:
12. Copy of mother’s valid ID Card (both sides).
13. Copy of Student’s birth certificate issued by the Qatar Ministry of Health.
14. To Whom It May Concern Certificate (from Qatar Ministry of Education) stating that all educational stages have been completed in Qatari schools.
1st Stage: Initial Shortlisted Candidates
Following the submission of all data and documents (and the review by Qatar Airways), if the Student is shortlisted in the initial candidates’ list, the Student will be notified to attend a personal interview with the Qatar Airways’ selection panel, and may be requested to undergo any required tests and/or submit any required, updated or missing documents.
2nd Stage: Selected Candidates
If the Student is selected, he/she will be notified in writing and he/she shall be required to:
1. Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate (CID Clearance) from the Qatar Ministry of Interior.
2. Undergo and pass the required medical tests.
3. Provide the Guarantor’s recent salary certificate, or recent pension salary certificate (not older than 3 months), or valid commercial company register owned by the Guarantor.
4. Provide Student’s Qatari local bank IBAN number certificate.
5. Sign (together with his/her Guarantor) the Scholarship Contract with Qatar Airways.
Please make sure that you have all the required documents ready (in jpeg, png, pdf, or word format) before proceeding to the application page.
For more information contact:
+974 4022 2096