What is an excess value declaration form?
This form can be filled in if you will be travelling with valuable items. In the event of loss or damage, you can receive coverage of up to USD 2,500 for such items, if carried in your checked baggage on flights operated by Qatar Airways.
What do I need to do if I would like to receive coverage for my item(s)?
Please follow these steps:
- Download and print the excess value declaration form.
- Fill in the form to provide details of the item(s) that you would like to receive coverage for.
- Visit your nearest Qatar Airways office or call us to pay the fee.*
- Bring the form and your receipt with you to the check-in counter at the airport.
- Inform the check-in agent that the value of your item(s) was declared.
* Please review the Terms and Conditions on the form before purchase.