Redeem your Avios
Redeem for unaccompanied minors
Redeem your Avios for award tickets for an unaccompanied minor (aged 5-15 years) for travel in Economy Class on Qatar Airways marketed and operated flights.
For redemption of award ticket(s) for an unaccompanied child (aged 5 – 11) or young traveller (aged 12 – 15, login to your account online at avios.com and go to the “Redeem Avios” page to make the award ticket booking. Once done, contact our Member Services through the ‘Write to us’ page in your logged in area with details of your Unaccompanied Minor Service request.
Please ensure provide the following information along with your request:
● Child’s name as it appears in the passport.
● Child’s date of birth.
● Attach copy of child’s passport.
Once your request is received we will send you an email with details of your ticket and how to make payment by yourself online.
Please ensure you submit your request minimum 96 hours (4 days) prior to your intended date of travel.
From 11 March 2018, we will no longer be processing these services through our ticketing offices and contact centres.
To find out more about redeeming stand-alone tickets for children and infants click here.
1. Award tickets for an unaccompanied minor are applicable only on Qatar Airways marketed and operated flights (on purely QR operated flights).
2. Award tickets request form is mandatory for UMNR service.
3. Unaccompanied minor award ticket requests should be submitted a minimum of 48 hours prior to travel date.
4. Rush fee and change fee (if applicable) will apply.
5. Request for unaccompanied minor award ticket should be done by the main member only.
6. Regular Avios required for adult award ticket will be charged for unaccompanied minor award ticket.
7. A fixed fee of 3,000 Avios will be deducted as a service fee for the unaccompanied minor charges per origin to destination for which an electronic miscellaneous document (EMD) will be provided.
8. Member should provide the following documents at the check-in desk:
- Unaccompanied minor award ticket
- Copy of electronic miscellaneous document* (EMD) for the unaccompanied minor service charges (3,000 Avios).
- Completed "UMNR request for carriage form" (available from the airport or your nearst Qatar Airways city office.)
9. Unaccompanied minor award ticket is not upgradable.
10. Reqgular Award Ticket conditions will apply in case of changes and refund
11. UMNR EMD is Non-refundable
12. Young passengers between the ages of 12 to 15 years (up to but not including their 16th birthday) travelling on an award ticket, requesting for the meet & assist service will have to pay the applicable unaccompanied minor fee.
* Electronic miscellaneous document (EMD) is a receipt for your Avios transaction.
13. Members must provide all necessary documents when submitting UMNR request.
14. From 11 March 2018, we will no longer be processing these services through or ticketing offices and contact centres.