Upgrade at the airport with your Qmiles or Qcredits
Upgrade at the airport
You can now redeem your Qmiles or Qcredits at the airport for an upgrade to Business or First Class on Qatar Airways, when you fly out of Doha, or selected airports.*
You will also be able to claim an upgrade for a guest.
Baggage allowance and lounge access are provided as per originally ticketed cabin. For example, if your original ticket was in Economy cabin with 30kg baggage allowance, once you upgrade to Business or First Class your baggage allowance will remain as 30kg. In addition you will not be entitled to First or Business Class lounge access. If you are a Platinum, Gold or Silver member you will get lounge access and excess baggage based on your tier benefit.
Effective 27th May 2018, depending on the fare family of a paid Economy Class ticket, members will be able to enjoy award upgrades to Business Class for less Qmiles. For example, the amount of Qmiles you require for an award upgrade from Economy Flex to Business on Qatar Airways will be half, compared to a scenario where you are upgrading from Economy Value or Economy Saver to Business Class.
What cabin can I redeem for?
● Single-level upgrades (Economy to Business Class or Business to First Class).
● Two-cabin upgrades (Economy to First Class, where Business Class is not operated on the flight).
● When checking in at Doha, approach the Customer Service Desk located close to rows 4 and 5, to submit your upgrade request.
● When in transit through Doha, approach the Customer Service Desks located at Concourse A, B or C. Alternatively, approach agents at the Al Mourjan or Al Safwa lounges, or the Privilege Club First Class (for Platinum members) or Business Class (for Gold and Silver members) lounges.
● When checking in at other airports*, approach any Qatar Airways staff member to submit your upgrade request.
● Present your membership card (digital or plastic card); should award seats be available, and you have enough Qmiles or Qcredits for the upgrade, we shall give you an Upgrade Request form to fill out.
● Qmiles or Qcredits required for the upgrade will be deducted from your membership account.
● Boarding pass(es) for the upgraded class will then be issued to you.
● Due to limited award seats in our Premium cabins, the processing of an award-upgrade request is subject to availability and will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. Cabin upgrades to First Class are not available on our A380 service to or from London. Cabin upgrades are not available for infants (younger than two years).
|A - E|
|Brussels||Bucharest||Budapest||Buenos Aires||Canberra||Cape Town||Casablanca||Chennai||Chiang Mai|
|Chicago O'Hare International||Chongqing||Chengdu||Clark||Colombo||Copenhagen||Dallas Fort Worth||Dar Es Salam||Djibouti|
|F - J|
|Ho Chi Minh City||Hong Kong||Houston||Hyderabad||Jakarta||Johannesburg|
|K - L|
|Krabi||Kuala Lumpur||Kuwait||Lagos||Lahore||Larnaca||London Heathrow||Los Angeles|
|M - Q|
|R - Z|
|Rome||Sabiha Gokcen||Salalah||Sao Paulo||Seoul||Seychelles||Shanghai||Shiraz||Sialkot|
|Sofia||Sohar||Sulaymaniyah||Sydney||Tbilisi||Tehran||Thiruvananthapuram||Tokyo Narita Airport||Tunis|
● Upgrades are applicable only on flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways and will be issued on Qatar Airways documents (ticket numbers starting with 157).
● Bookings made in Economy Promo Fare Family (Booking classes - T, O, W and G) are not eligible for redemption upgrades.
● Upgrade requests can be made by main members only, who must be present when requesting an upgrade for other passenger(s).
● Upgrade on departure will not be offered if the main member is not physically present to fill the upgrade form and provide proof of identification.
● Membership card (digital or plastic cards) and valid passport or government issued identification of main member must be presented at the time of upgrade.
●The processing of an upgrade request is subject to seat/meal availability, and shall be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis, solely at the discretion of Qatar Airways.
● Award upgrades for Qatar Airways flights from select airports are based solely on the main member’s intended day of departure and original flight date.
● Upgrades are permitted only within one sector from the point of departure.
● Qmiles/Qcredits deducted for an upgrade will be on a per-sector basis.
● Difference of taxes (if applicable) for the upgraded sector will have to be paid at time of the upgrade request.
● Tickets such as ID/AD, travel industry reduced rates, free/non-revenue, staff promotional or those tickets issued under some promotional fares, are not eligible for an upgrade.
● Baggage allowance will be offered as per the original ticketed cabin.
● Lounge access will be as per original ticketed class, if eligible, and is subject to availability.
● If member has requested a special meal in Economy Class, the meal may not be served in the upgraded cabin.
● All menu meal options in Premium Class are subject to availability.
● Qmiles will be earned based on the original booking class purchased and not on the upgraded class.
● Limited award upgrade seats are available.
● Award upgrade requests at an airport are not valid for infants (younger than two years).
● Please check your ticket or contact any Qatar Airways office for details.
● Upgrade on Departure is not applicable for passengers with Cabin Baggage (CBBG) or Extra Seat (EXST).