Data protection plan
Qatar Airways may collect identifying information from you when you utilize the Qatar Airways website, mobile site and mobile applications:
- Your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and prefered method of payment and flight booking details;
- When you book online, or order products or services, Qatar Airways will collect your billing information, transaction and credit information;
- If you apply for membership in the Qatar Airways Privilege Club, Qatar Airways will collect the personal information requested on the application;
- Qatar Airways may also ask you to provide information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with its products, and contact preferences in order to provide you with further services or information about its products and services; and
- Tracking statistical information collected as you navigate through our sites such as traffic hits. This is stored purely for analytical purposes, and is entirely anonymous.
Qatar Airways uses the personal information it collects from you to help it understand your needs and to help it provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To assess what special flight offers and services we can offer you;
- To process your request on purchasing our product(s) and service(s) and confirm your travel arrangements;
- To improve our products and services;
- For the operations of Privilege club including mileage tracking, delivery of associated benefits and services, ongoing research and programme development, as well as delivering news and information to Privilege Club Members; and
- For our own marketing purposes, such as sending you updates on our latest offers and promotions. When you provide personal information online, you may indicate that you do not want to receive direct marketing materials from Qatar Airways or any other company.
- Checkout reminder and assistance services. When you use our website, mobile site and mobile applications to search for flights, the details of your flight searches and your email address may be collected as you fill in the Passenger Details section.
We may contact you using these details to remind you to complete your booking and/or offer our assistance (in case, for instance, you were suffering from technical difficulties).
This is an optional service. You can choose not to receive these emails at any time by following the link at the bottom of each such email.
Qatar Airways may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information with our affiliates and with selected marketing partners, including Qatar Airways Holidays, to enable them to send you promotional materials about products or services.
- We need to share your information to provide the service, product or information you have requested, and/or benefits or offers as a result of membership in the Privilege Club (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have the right to use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide the service, product or information you have requested from Qatar Airways, or the benefit or offer resulting from membership in the Privilege Club); or
- We are legally obliged to provide personal information and booking details to governmental authorities, including customs, Court, and immigration officials. We may share information in the aggregate to assess marketing and sales performance. New laws in the US and other countries require Qatar Airways and other airlines to collect 'Advanced Passenger Information' (passport and associated information) for all passenger prior to travel to and from those countries. Qatar Airways is required to provide this information to the relevant customs and immigration authorities.
If you believe that any personal information Qatar Airways is holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, or if you want to change your marketing preferences regarding direct mail promotions, please contact Qatar Airways as soon as possible by writing to the below address. Qatar Airways will revise any information that is incorrect, or update or change your information or preferences. It may take several weeks to implement the changes.
Qatar Airways Group
Qatar Airways Tower
P.O. Box: 22550
Qatar Airways cannot distinguish the age of persons who access and use its website, mobile site and mobile applications. If a minor (according to applicable laws) has provided Qatar Airways with Customer Data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact Qatar Airways to remove the relevant Customer Data and unsubscribe them.
Qatar Airways is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, any of your personal information, Qatar Airways has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects. In order to protect the security of your data, Qatar Airways uses encryption technology when collecting or transferring sensitive personal data such as credit card information.
We will occasionally inform you about our special offers and new services via your e-mail address. You only receive our newsletters after subscribing. If you do not want to receive the newsletters anymore, you can unsubscribe anytime by using the link ‘unsubscribe’ on the newsletter. After receiving your request, we will not send you any further newsletters and we will delete you email address from the distribution list.
A cookie is a piece of text placed on your computer’s hard drive to help analyse web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
However, certain features of this website, mobile site and mobile applications will not be available to you if you reject the cookies.
Last updated: January 2014