The Cadet Pilot Training Programme aims to develop selected high calibre students into future professional airline pilots who will play a pivotal role towards the growth of Qatar Airways’ aircraft ﬂeets. They will also receive a hands-on role in Qatar’s ﬂagship Airline. Successful Cadet Pilots will graduate with a Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) aeroplane.
Conditions for Cadet Pilot Training Programme
Note: Scholarship Students selection will be made on a competitive basis between all applicants for a limited number of Scholarships per year as may be determined by Qatar Airways from time to time.
Students who completed their High (Secondary) School studies or institutions of higher learning may apply for the grant of a Qatar Airways Cadet Pilots Programme Scholarship if they meet all of the following applicable conditions:
1. Be a Qatari National (or the Student’s mother is a Qatari National).
2. Be of good conduct and repute and must be able to obtain the Qatar Authorities’ CID clearance.
3. Be medically fit and be able to obtain the Qatar Civil Aviation Authority (QCAA) Class 1 medical certificate, and be at least 160 cm tall.
4. Must be above the age of 17 years and below 27 years at the time of application.
5. The minimum High (Secondary) School overall score shall be 70%.
Note: High (Secondary) School Certificates not issued by the Qatar Ministry of Education must have an Equivalency Statement from the Qatar Ministry of Education showing the total percentage mark.
6. Recent overall IELTS band score (attained in the last 24 months, not less than 4.5 (and not less than 4.0 in each component).
7. For male Qatari-Nationals, a statement of completion, exemption, or deferral of the Qatar National Service from the Qatar National Service Academy.
8. For female applicants, the Guarantor must be the legal guardian as evidenced by official government documents, or an official “no-objection” letter is signed by the legal guardian.
9. Must not be currently sponsored by any other entity or company.
10. Must not be currently employed or working for any other entity.
11. Must not be a former employee of Qatar Airways or had a previously cancelled or terminated scholarship for disciplinary or academic reasons.
12. Must have a guarantor who is a Qatari National who is willing to guarantee and payback to Qatar Airways the scholarship expenses and fees paid by Qatar Airways in case of Student’s failure and cancellation of the scholarship, or withdrawal from the scholarship or failure to join Qatar Airways, or resigning from Qatar Airways prior to completing the required service in accordance with the Scholarship Contract.
13. Any other document or information as may be requested by Qatar Airways for the purpose of establishing eligibility for the scholarship in accordance with Qatar Airways scholarship regulations.
1. The foundation programme study shall not exceed one (1) academic year (two semesters).
2. The Cadet Pilot Training Programme study shall not exceed 18 months. (subject to flying schedule).
3. High (Secondary) School Certificates not issued by the Qatar Ministry of Education must have an Equivalency Statement from the Qatar Ministry of Education showing the individual subjects marks and the total percentage mark.
4. Upon graduation, the Student must immediately sign the Employment Contract with Qatar Airways, and the Student (as a Trainee Cadet Pilot/Second Officer) must attend the second officer programme (On-Job-Training Programme) for the period required to complete the program, achieve Qatar Airways’ standards, and pass the Final Line Check.
The Student will be obligated to work for a minimum of five (5) years with Qatar Airways after completion of the Final Line Check and appointment as a First Officer, and his/her future assigned job will require shift duties.
5. Qatar Airways reserves the right to change the admission requirements and the conditions of acceptance, at any time without prior notice.
In order to submit and proceed with the application on the Qatar Airways’ website, the applicant must ensure that the following documents are available and ready before starting the application (in jpeg, png, pdf, or word format):
(A) For All Applicants:
The following documents must all be provided (uploaded) by all applicants:
1. Copy (coloured) of Student’s valid Qatar ID card (both sides).
2. Copy (coloured) of Guarantor’s valid Qatar ID card (both sides).
Educational and Other Documents:
3. Copy of High School Certificate or the certificate of graduation of the institution of higher learning (or the Equivalency Certificate issued by the Qatar Ministry of Education).
4. Copy of Student’s recent IELTS certificate (not older than 24 months).
5. For male Qatari Students, copy of the Certificate of completion, deferral, of exemptions of the Qatar National Service.
6. For female applicants, if the Guarantor is not the legal guardian, an official “no-objection letter” signed by the legal guardian.
(B) Additional Documents for Qatari-Mother Applicants:
For Qatari-Mother applicants, all of the following additional documents must also be provided:
7. Copy of mother’s valid ID Card (both sides).
8. Copy of Student’s birth certificate issued by the Qatar Ministry of Health.
1st Stage: Initial Shortlisted Candidates
Following the submission of all data and documents (and the review by Qatar Airways), if the Student is shortlisted in the initial candidates’ list, the Student will be notified to attend a personal interview with the Qatar Airways’ selection panel, and will be requested to undergo assessment and placement tests and submit any required, updated, or missing documents.
2nd Stage: Selected Candidates
If the Student is selected, he/she will be notified in writing and he/she shall be required to:
1. Submit a “To Whom It May Concern” letter from the Qatar Ministry of Education that the Student is not under scholarship from the Ministry of Education.
2. Submit a “To Whom It May Concern” letter for proof of Student’s non-employment from the Qatar Ministry of Labour.
3. Undergo and obtain the QCAA Class 1 medical certificate.
4. Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate (CID Clearance) from the Qatar Ministry of Interior.
5. Provide the Guarantor’s recent salary certificate, or recent pension salary certificate (not older than 3 months), or valid commercial company register owned by the Guarantor.
6. Provide Student’s Qatari local bank IBAN number certificate.
7. Copy (coloured) of Student’s valid passport.
8. Copy (coloured) of Student’s recent passport-sized photo.
9. Sign (together with his/her Guarantor) the Scholarship Contract with Qatar Airways.
Please make sure that you have all the required documents ready (in jpeg, png, pdf, or word format) before proceeding to the application page.
Cadet Pilot Programme Contact Information:
+974 4010 2881