Qatar Airways offers a selection of special meals thoughtfully crafted to cater to specific dietary preferences as well as an option for your little ones.
Make a request for a special meal (including children's meals) during booking or add to your flight details via ‘Manage Booking’ at least 24 hours before departure.
Please note, all meals are halal.
- Baby Meal (BBML) - Pre-packaged meals for babies/ children under the age of two years. Meal usually contains pureed food that is easily digestible, mildly seasoned and tender. This is offered as a standard meal and does not need to be requested at booking.
- Children's Meal (CHML) – This is a non-vegetarian meal suitable for younger travellers. Meal contains food that is healthy, tender and easy to chew. Choices vary from pasta, pancakes, breaded chicken/fish fillets, chips, sweets, fruit, etc.
- Vegetarian Meal - Vegan (VGML) – This meal is for vegan-vegetarian customers and is completely free of animal products or animal by-products. Meal may contain vegetables, grains, lentils or fruits. Meal does not contain meat, poultry, fish, honey, eggs, milk or dairy products.
- Fruit Platter (FPML) - This meal is for customers preferring to eat only fruits. Meal contains seasonal fresh fruit or dried fruits. Meal does not contain highly-processed foods, fruits with additives, preservatives or canned fruits.
- Raw Vegetarian Meal (RVML) - This meal is for customers preferring to eat only raw fruits and vegetables. Meal contains raw vegetables and fresh fruit. Meal does not contain any meat, poultry, fish, seafood, dairy products, eggs, caffeinated beverages, cooked or highly-processed food with additives or preservatives.
- Vegetarian Lacto-OVO Meal (VLML) - This is a vegetarian meal that includes egg or dairy products. Meal may contain vegetables, fruit, cheese, eggs, dairy or soy products. Meal does not contain any meat, poultry, fish or seafood.
- Vegetarian Oriental Meal (VOML) - This meal is prepared according to an oriental-style cooking for vegetarian customers. Meal may contain vegetables, grains, and fruits. Meal does not contain any meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, milk or dairy products.
- Asian Vegetarian Meal / Veg Hindu Meal (AVML) – This is a vegetarian meal prepared according to an Indian sub-continent taste, flavoured with spices and may be mildly spicy. Meal may contain vegetables, fruits, dairy products, spices and aromas associated with the Indian sub-continent. Meal does not contain any meat, poultry, fish, seafood or eggs.
- Non-Vegetarian Hindu Meal (HNML) - This meal is prepared according to Hindu religion dietary practices and beliefs. This meal is non-vegetarian and prepared in an Indian style and mildly spicy. Meal may contain rice, vegetables, lamb, goat, poultry, fish, eggs, milk or dairy products. Meal does not contain beef or any beef derived products such as beef sauces or beef extracts veal.
- Vegetarian Jain Meal (VJML) - This is an Indian vegetarian meal prepared according to the Jain religion dietary practices and beliefs. Meal may contain fruits and vegetables grown above the ground, rice, cereals, pulses, tofu or spices. Meal does not contain any meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, dairy products, root and bulbous vegetables such as onion, garlic, potatoes, ginger, etc.
- Kosher Meal (KSML) - This meal is prepared according to the Jewish religious specifications and dietary laws. This meal is purchased pre-packed from reputable and certified manufacturers of Kosher Meals. Passover meals cannot be provided.
- Diabetic Meal (DBML) - This meal is prepared for diabetic customers containing a balance of complex carbohydrates, proteins, healthy fats and a low sugar content. Meal may contain lean meats, boiled potatoes, low fat milk, plain yoghurt, vegetables, fresh fruit, whole grain rice, breads, pasta, cereal and steamed or poached food as cooking style. Meal does not contain fried or fatty foods, sugar syrups, jam and sweets.
- Gluten-Free Meal (GFML) - This meal is prepared for customers who are gluten intolerant or on a gluten-free diet. Meal may contain meat, fish, seafood, rice, legumes, dairy products, eggs, fresh vegetables and fruit. Meal does not contain any product which may contain gluten such as wheat, wheat flour, barley, oat and rye-based sauces, soups, breads, crackers, cakes, pastas, sweets, soups, sausages, starch etc.
- Bland Meal (BLML) - This meal is prepared for customers who prefer light and easily digestible foods that are low in fat and help prevent gastric discomfort. Meal may contain low-fat food items such as boiled meats, soft vegetables, mashed potatoes, milk, dairy products, steamed or poached food as a cooking method. Meal does not contain fried or fatty foods, nuts, garlic, onions, strong aromatic spices, black pepper or chilli powder, pickles or mustard.
- Low-Salt / Sodium Meal (LSML) - This meal is prepared for customers who are on a low-sodium diet where no salt is added during preparation. Meal may contain any fresh or frozen food which is low in salt and may be flavoured with herbs and spices. Meal does not contain any additional salt, MSG, baking powder, shellfish, salted-cured meats or fish, gravies, sauces and condiments, canned vegetables, fish, pickled food or salty cheese.
- Non-Lactose Meal (NLML) - This meal is prepared for customers who are lactose-intolerant or cannot consume dairy products and their derivatives. Meal may contain meat, fish, pasta, rice, potatoes, vegetables or fruits. Meal does not contain milk, yoghurt, cheese, croissants, soft rolls, ice cream, sherbet, pudding or any other dairy products.
- Low-Calorie Meal (LCML) - This meal is for customers who are on a low-calorie diet. Meal may contain lean meats, low-fat dairy, complex carbohydrates and steamed or poached food as a cooking style. Meal does not contain fried or fatty foods, added sugar, full cream dairy products, fatty meats, sweets, gravies, sauces such as mayonnaise and salad dressing.
- Low Cholesterol / Low Fat Meal (LFML) - This meal is prepared for customers on a low-fat diet with limited amounts of saturated fat. Meal may contain lean meats, poultry, fish, low-fat dairy products, egg whites, rice, potatoes, wholegrain bread, vegetables, fresh fruits, steamed or poached prepared foods as a cooking style. Meal does not contain fried or fatty foods, animal fats, egg yolks, full cream dairy products, shellfish, sauces high in fat, fatty meats or nuts.
- With the exception of vegetarian meals, we do not provide special meals for flights to Gulf countries such as Oman and Kuwait, due to the short flight time.
- We do not offer any variations or combinations on the special meals listed above. Additionally, we do not provide personal preference or requests for specific foods or ingredients (for example: only-pasta dish, seafood meals, steaks, etc.).
- Special meals for flights operated by codeshare partners cannot be guaranteed by Qatar Airways. Please confirm your request on such flights with the operating airline at the time of booking.
Qatar Airways cannot guarantee an allergen free environment (e.g. eliminating tree-nuts, peanuts, eggs, milk and other items that might cause an allergic reaction). Qatar Airways does not accept responsibility for allergic reactions. Passengers suffering from severe food allergies may consider a few precautions if they are concerned that they might be at risk of allergen exposure, such as:
- Bringing their own meals.
- Informing the airline or on-board crew of specific allergies.
- Carrying prescribed anaphylaxis or other treatment and ensuring it is ready for administration by yourself or any of your travel companions (for example: ready-for-use epi-pens).
Allergies to peanuts, tree nuts, etc.:
Qatar Airways does not provide nut-free meals. We also do not guarantee against cross-contamination of nuts within our in-flight network. Passengers are requested to bring their own meals, which do not require chilling or re-heating. Please inform the cabin crew of your sensitivity or any allergen information and they will assist with any available meal options on board.
Other passengers may carry nuts or products with traces of nuts, nut oils and nut products. This could pass on to aircraft surfaces such as seats, arm rests, aisles and also in the atmosphere. For your own safety, please use sanitiser wipes, face masks and appropriate medications. Inform the co-passenger about the allergy, request for window or seats at the back and avoid contact to the allergens.
Qatar Airways Allergy Policy as stated below:
- Customers who are severely allergic to certain food items are given the option of bringing their own meals on board. However, certain limitations regarding heating, storage of meals in refrigerator, or others apply.
- No announcement is to be made for the passenger with an allergy either at the boarding gate or on board.
- Customers will be advised to carry the necessary medications, such as an epi-pen on board the aircraft.
- Qatar Airways will serve nuts or normal meals even if there is a passenger with an allergy on the flight.
1.1 Requests for special allergen-free meals and other requirements are received by our reservations team and further assessed by the relevant departments including Qatar Airways Medical Centre, Catering and other departments. It is to be determined whether it is:
(a) Safe to accept the customer on the flight; and
(b) Possible to arrange appropriate catering and maintain the cabin environment.
1.2 Customers with a history of severe/hyper allergy must provide their details on Medical Information (MEDIF) form to Qatar Airways at the time of reservation or at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure time.
1.3 Any customer with food allergies or with a medical condition that restricts their diet requirements, can bring their own meals on-board the aircraft to meet their dietary requirements. However, the following guidelines are relevant:
(a) Qatar Airways will not heat such meals because of limited aircraft facilities.
(b) Qatar Airways will also not allow such meals to be refrigerated as there is a possibility of the allergen-free meal being contaminated with the allergen present within other food placed in the refrigerator.
(c) Meals brought on board should be free from strong odours/smells to avoid inconvenience to other customers on board the flight.
Note: Quarantine regulations in some countries require that any food brought on board by customers must be consumed on the flight or left on board the aircraft.
1.4 MEDIF is not required for customers with mild allergies.
1.5 Except for flights to and from the U.S, customers will be required to sign a waiver of liability on an Indemnity and Waiver of Liability form in all types of allergies i.e. for both severe/hyper as well as mild allergies.
1.6 Once the specific dietary requirements are confirmed for food-related allergies, the required meal is served in accordance with the request. However, it cannot be guaranteed that the meal will be 100% allergen-free.
1.7 Customers who do not disclose their severe allergy problem at the time of reservation and declare it either at check-in or on board their flight, may be denied boarding due to safety considerations. Such passengers travel at their own risk and Qatar Airways has ‘No Obligation’ towards them.
An indemnity form will be requested to be signed by such passengers.
The indemnity Form can be downloaded here, and should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form can be sent any time after the reservation has been made, but must be sent at least 48 hours prior to the departure time.
Travelling with our partners?
Qatar Airways cannot guarantee special meals on any of its partner or codeshare airlines where tickets are booked on the Qatar Airways website.
If your journey includes a flight with one of our partners, please find more information here: