Upgrade on departure
Experience our award-winning service on board the World’s Best Business Class when you upgrade your Economy Class ticket to Business or First Class on Qatar Airways.
Depending on cabin configuration and seat availability, you will be able to purchase an upgrade for:
- Single-cabin upgrades (Economy to Business Class or Business to First Class).
- Double-cabin upgrades (Economy to First Class, where Business Class is not operated on the flight).
Purchase an upgrade for your flight to Doha
At the airport check-in counter, approach any Qatar Airways staff member to purchase an ‘Upgrade on Departure’ onwards to Doha. If you intend to purchase an upgrade for your journey beyond Doha to another destination on our flight network, speak to any one of our Qatar Airways staff members at Hamad International Airport (HIA), Doha.
Purchase an upgrade while transiting in Doha / Departing from Doha
Visit our dedicated counter for ‘Upgrade on Departure’ conveniently located in the Market Hall at Hamad International Airport (HIA) to purchase an upgrade from Doha to your onward destination while you are transiting.
If your journey is originating from Doha, you may approach the ‘Upgrade on Departure’ designated counter after check-in and immigration.
- Upgrades are only applicable on flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways.
- Upgrades will only be available between three (3) hours to sixty (60) minutes prior to flight departure, depending on your country of departure. Please check with the airport staff during check-in to confirm upgrade availability for your flight.
- The processing of an upgrade request is subject to seat/meal availability, and shall be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis, solely at the discretion of Qatar Airways.
- For passengers travelling with infants, upgrades are permitted on flights departing from Doha only.
- Upgrades are only permitted for one sector - from the point of departure to/from Doha. Transit customers can purchase an upgrade for their onward connecting flight beyond Doha through the HIA ‘Upgrade on Departure’ counter only.
- The upgrade amount is inclusive of all taxes and fees.
- Cabin upgrades to First Class are not available on our A380 service to or from London.
- If a customer has requested for a special meal in Economy Class, the meal may not be served in the upgraded cabin.
- All menu meal options in Business and First Class are subject to availability.
- The upgrade purchased from Doha to an onward destination is exempt from lounge access and additional baggage allowance.
- Avios will be earned based on the original booking class purchased and not based on the upgraded cabin.
- Upgrades are not applicable for passengers with additional seats for Cabin Baggage (CBBG) or Extra Seat (EXST).
Tickets such as ID/AD, travel industry reduced rates, free/non-revenue, staff promotional or those tickets issued under some promotional fares are not eligible for purchasing an upgrade.
Upgrade using Avios or Qcredits
You can now redeem your Avios or Qcredits at the airport for an upgrade to Business or First Class on Qatar Airways when you fly out of Doha or select airports.
Click below for more information.Learn more