National Scholarships Programme
The National Scholarships Programme provides financial and academic support to Qatari students studying in Qatar and overseas. Students are provided assistance during their studies, and upon completion of those studies, they join Qatar Airways as Graduate Developees. As part of this support, students are required to conduct one internship after their second year of study (sophomore year) and one internship after their third year (junior year). The Internship Programme is primarily in place for the development of students, however other students may apply for the programme.
The Programme’s benefits include
- Monthly stipend.
- Growth and learning possibilities with various training courses.
- Global opportunities with internships at Qatar Airways Group.
- Annual academic reward for exceptional students.
Minimum eligibility requirements
- Must be Qatari or have a Qatari mother.
- Must be 18 years or older and must complete their degree by the age of 29.
- Secondary School Education Certificate corresponding to Ministry of Education & Higher Education grading scale with an average of 80% or higher.
- IELTS for Qatari – Overall score of 5.5 or above, no less than 5 in each component.
- ELTS for Qatari Mother – Overall score of 6.0 or above, not less than 5.5 in each component.
- Pass the interview set by Qatar Airways.
- Current letter of unconditional offer from a university approved by the Ministry of Education & Higher Education in Qatar.
- Graduated High school students must complete mandatory National Service. However, the student that receives a confirmed offer letter from one of the universities listed in the Higher Education Emiri Scholarship programme will be exempt. Click here for list.
|Business Management, Economics and Tourism Studies||
Business and Management Studies
Supply Chain and Logistics
Airline and Airport Management
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
|Political Sciences and International Affairs||
|Mass Communication and Media Arts||
Media Studies and Communications
Aviation and Aerospace Engineering
|Art and Design||
|Science and Technology||
Only institutions accredited by the Higher Education Institute of the State of Qatar will be accepted by Qatar Airways for the National Scholarships Programme.
Click below for the list of all acceptable universities in Qatar:Acceptable universities in Qatar