VN Woman's Day
Official Terms and Conditions
Win a Trip Sweepstakes!
No Purchase is Necessary to Win
1. SWEEPSTAKES: Qatar Airways (“Sponsor”) will hold a sweepstakes drawing on or around July 15, 2013. One Prize Winner will be drawn from all entries submitted April 11, 2013 – July 14, 2013. For information about our destinations, see www.qatarairways.com/us.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants will be automatically entered into the sweepstakes when they subscribe to the Qatar Airways e-newsletter between April 11, 2013 – July 14, 2013. No purchase or subscription is required. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET (Eastern Time) on July 14, 2013 to be eligible for inclusion in the drawing to be held July 2013.
3. QUALIFYING ENTRIES: One entry will be allowed per email address. Each entry must be submitted separately and must have a valid email address of the entrant. No robotic, macro, automatic, programmed, mechanically copied or similar entry methods are permitted; all such entries will be void and will subject that entrant to disqualification. Incomplete, illegible, damaged, inaccurate, or late entries are void and not eligible. Sponsor is not liable for any Internet or other communications failures or interruptions of service.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be 18 years or older by April 11, 2013 and reside within the United States. Must be legally able to travel from the United States without legal guardians. Entrants must provide a valid email address and must be able to receive a notification from Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Terms and Conditions and by all decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Employees of Qatar Airways, its affiliates or agents are not eligible to enter or win. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: The Prize winner will be drawn at random by Qatar Airways on or around July 15, 2013. The First valid entry drawn will win that entrant the Grand Prize. Winner will be notified by a Prize Notification sent to the email address on the entry form. Winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release before the prize is awarded. Sponsor must receive the signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within 7 days of Sponsor’s providing it to the Winner. If any prize notice is undeliverable for any reason, or if the winner does not respond within 60 days or does not comply with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be selected at random from the remaining entries. Unclaimed or unredeemed prizes will not be awarded.
6. PRIZES: Grand Prize: Two (2) Economy Class roundtrip tickets from one (1) Qatar Airways USA gateway city (Chicago, Houston, New York, or Washington, DC) to any destination with the Qatar Airways global network, not including destinations in South America, Europe, or Australia. Approximate retail value will depend on the specific itinerary selected; approximate retail value of each prize: $1,500 each ticket.
Sponsor makes no warranty or representation about any prize. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the contest period.
7. CONDITIONS ON PRIZES: The prize must be booked within 60 days of winning and used within 6 months from the date of the Prize Notification letter. If not booked and used within that time frame, the prize will be null and void. Once the reservations are made and the flight tickets are issued, no changes are permitted. The Prize covers air travel from one Qatar Airways USA gateway only. Winner must pay for all other travel expenses, including transportation to and from their destination of choice (ORD, IAH, JFK, or IAD). Flight confirmation is subject to availability at the time of booking; blackout periods may apply. Other restrictions apply. Winner is responsible for all applicable service charges, surcharges, fuel surcharges, taxes, passenger facility charges and other fees, all taxes on prize, and for accommodations, gratuities, meals, and all other expenses. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing. Prizes that are not redeemed according to the restrictions will be forfeited. Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, visa, passports, etc., and for ensuring that all travelers have the right foreign entry requirements and the appropriate medical insurance. No transfer, substitution, sale, or cash redemption of any prize is permitted. The decision of the Promoters regarding the Competition winners will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the choice of the winner and/or the awarding of the prize. Any Prize or award relating to the Competition is not transferable and/or negotiable and may not be redeemed for cash.
8. RELEASE AND DISCLAIMER: By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its Agents, Affiliates, Owners, Representatives, and employees, from and against any claims, Damages, or Liability of any kind, including personal injuries, death, or property damage, or any direct, consequential, incidental or other damages, which entrant or anyone else may suffer as a result of participation in this promotion or the acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or defer any part of these sweepstakes if they cannot be run as planned for any reason (Including but not limited to tampering, theft of prizes or entries, fraud, or legal order. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in any such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion. If sponsor cancels a drawing, or any part of this promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct another drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries. Sponsor is not responsible if the promotion terminates or any prize cannot be used or redeemed due to war, terrorism, bad weather, strikes, riot, civil disruption, Internet failures, or other acts of God or the winner. By entering the sweepstakes, the entrant grants Sponsor permission for the use of his/her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law, if the entrant is selected as the winner.
9. TAXES: Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any U.S. resident who wins over $600 in prizes from Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year; a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
11. CHOICE OF LAW: This promotion is governed by the law of the District of Columbia, United States. Entrant agrees that any legal claims or proceedings arising out of or related to this promotion will be filed in Washington, D.C., USA and entrant agrees to the jurisdiction of such courts in any such proceeding.
12. SPONSOR: Qatar Airways, Doha Sales, Qatar Airways Building 2, Fourth Floor, Marketing Department, Doha, Qatar.