Share and Win contest/Sweepstakes
SPONSORED BY Qatar Airways.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN
1. CONTEST/SWEEPSTAKES OVERVIEW: Subscribers to Qatar Airways newsletters (Referrer) will be requested to refer a friend or family (Referee) to subscribe to Qatar Airways newsletter through Referrer’s own unique referral link. Every subsequent successful subscription through Referrer’s referral link will give 1 additional chance to the Referrer for the contest/Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). The Referee will get 1 chance when he signs up and can then become the Referrer. Qatar Airways (“Sponsor”) will hold the contest/Sweepstakes drawing on 3rd March, 2013.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants will be entered in a Sweepstakes when they subscribe to Qatar Airways newsletter or when a Referee subscribes to Qatar Airways newsletter using Referrer’s customized referral link. Sponsor will send each entrant to a web page confirming receipt of the entries. All entrants will be able to unsubscribe from any future communication from Qatar Airways by clicking the unsubscribe button in future e-mailings. Entries may be made by visiting www.qatarairways.com/newsletter. Entries are being accepted between GMT 09:00 on 5th February, 2013 to 09:00 on 28th February, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. QUALIFYING ENTRIES: One entry will be allowed per email address, except in the case of referral credits, where one additional entry will be given to the Referrer for every Referee subscribing through Referrer’s individual customized referral link. A referral subscriber is considered to be valid upon completion and successful submission of the subscription form. No robotic, macro, automatic, programmed, mechanically copied or similar entry methods are permitted; all such entries will be void and will subject that entrant to disqualification. Incomplete, illegible, damaged, inaccurate, late entries or entries using temporary or disposable email addresses are void and not eligible. Sponsor is not liable for any Internet or other communications failures or interruptions of service.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open to persons who are legally able to travel from a Qatar Airways destination without legal guardians and are above 18 years of age at the time of the drawing. Entrants must provide a valid email address and must be able to receive a notification from Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Terms and Conditions and by all decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates or agents are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes shall not extend to countries or territories where the Sweepstakes is not permitted or where it is illegal or unenforceable which shall include, but is not limited to Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Cuba, Hong Kong, Sudan, Switzerland and Syria.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or promptly after 3rd March 2013. The Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Winners will be notified via email on the email address provided by them during the account setup and will be required to confirm his/her contact and other details for paperwork delivery. Potential Winners will be required to sign and return Affidavits of Eligibility and Release in order to receive their prizes. If a potential Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, does not timely return the signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, or does not confirm his/her address within five (5) days of initial contact, the Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to the back up random draw winners. The Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Contest/Sweepstakes. If the prospective winner drawn is a resident of any country requiring a test of skill, a question will be asked and will need to be answered correctly.
6. PRIZES: Prizes for the contest are: 20 pairs of Economy Class tickets.
7. CONDITIONS ON PRIZES: All tickets must originate from the winners’ “Preferred City of Departure” to any Qatar Airways online destination on a Qatar Airways operated flight of the Winners choice, based on availability.
Each prize ticket will be issued in the form of required number of Qmiles (Prize Qmiles) issued to the winner’s Privilege Club account.
The Prize Qmiles will be valid for redemption tickets for the Prize Winner and their companion to travel on the same itinerary. Prize Qmiles will not be valid for any use other than travelling to the destination selected by the winner and in the travel class won by the winner.
Winner is liable for all taxes, fees & security charges applicable to the ticket(s). Tickets may not be issued without payment for taxes & fees.
Prize Qmiles must be used to book tickets by 31st March 2013 and utilized between 1st April 2013 and 30th May 2013. If not booked by 31st March 2013 and used between 1st April 2013 and 30th May 2013, the prize will be forfeited.
Whilst there are no blackout periods applicable to the redemption of the prize-letter, the prizes are capacity controlled and may not be available on all flights or days.
Once the reservations are made and the flight tickets are issued, no changes are permitted.
Prize may not be substituted for cash and for such purposes shall be deemed to have no cash value.
Sponsor makes no warranty or representation about any prize. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Qatar Airways Privilege Club miles will be credited to the Privilege Club account of Winners, who must each provide a valid Privilege Club membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. Qatar Airways Privilege Club Qmiles awarded in this promotion will not count towards elite status qualification in the Privilege Club program. If the Prize Winner is not a Privilege Club member, he/she may join online at www.qmiles.com. The credited Prize Qmiles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the Privilege Club program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice. The Qmiles prize will have no cash value. Determination of income tax liability, if any, on Privilege Club travel awards is the responsibility of the Prize Winner. Qatar Airways may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. Qatar Airways reserves the right to change the Privilege Club program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice. Qatar Airways may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. Privilege Club travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules subject to change without notice.
There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person in the lucky draw. Sponsor’s standard conditions of carriage and other restrictions apply. Prizes that are not redeemed according to the restrictions will be forfeited. Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, visa, passports, etc., and the cost of the same shall be borne by winner, and for ensuring that all travelers have the right foreign entry requirements and the appropriate medical insurance. No transfer, substitution, sale, or cash redemption of any prize is permitted. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes are solely Winner’s responsibility. Prizes are provided “as is”. Entrants acknowledge that Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including any express warranties provided by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes and any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. RELEASE AND DISCLAIMER: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its agents, affiliates, owners, representatives, and employees, from and against any claims, damages, or liability of any kind, including personal injuries, death, or property damage, or any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or other damages, to the extent permitted by the applicable law, which entrant or anyone else may suffer as a result of participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or defer any part of the Sweepstakes or these Official Terms and Conditions if they cannot be run as planned for any reason (including but not limited to tampering, theft of the prizes or entries, fraud, or legal order). Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in any such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or these Official Terms and Conditions. If Sponsor cancels a drawing, or any part of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct another drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries. Sponsor is not responsible if the Sweepstakes terminates or any prize cannot be used or redeemed due to war, terrorism, bad weather, strikes, riot, civil disruption, internet failures, or other acts of God or the winner, or for any other reason which is outside of Sponsor’s reasonable control. By entering the Sweepstakes, the entrant grants Sponsor permission for the use of his/her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes for up to 24 months after the drawing without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law, if the entrant is selected as the winner.
9. TAXES: Sponsor will not be responsible for any federal, state, local or other taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of the Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes as demanded by the local laws in the country of their residence. Sponsor will report prize winnings to local authorities as required by law.
11. CHOICE OF LAW: The Sweepstakes and these Official Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Qatar. Entrant agrees that any legal claims or proceedings arising out of or related to this promotion will be filed in Doha, Qatar and entrant agrees to the jurisdiction of such courts in any such proceeding.
12. SPONSOR: Qatar Airways; Qatar Airways Tower; PO Box 22550; 6th Floor; Ecommerce Department; Doha, Qatar.
13. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of any portion or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall in no way affect the validity, legality, or enforceability of any other portion or provision hereof. Any invalid, illegal, or unenforceable portion or provision shall be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and the balance of these Terms and Conditions shall be construed and enforced as if the Contract did not contain such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable portion or provision.