Explore the beauty of South-West China from this culturally enriching location.
Adopt a slower pace in this 2,000 year old city. Enjoy drinking tea in the late afternoon sun, indulge in scrumptious Sichuan cuisine, take in the rich cultural delights of the Sichuan Opera and discover your softer side in the home of the giant panda.
Fly to Chengdu with Qatar Airways 3 times a week from Doha and enjoy award-winning hospitality complimented with a 5-star experience onboard.
Take advantage of the below offer. Book by 11th Jul 2013 for travel up to 31st March 2014! Terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking. Below fares are valid for round trip travel.
|Destnation Chengdu||Economy Fares From|
Did you know…?
• The current population of Chengdu is 14.5 million
• Chengdu is also referred to as The City of Hibiscus
• Chengdu Panda Base was founded in 1987. It started with 6 giant pandas that were rescued from the wild. There were 7 panda births in 2012.
• Chengdu enjoys a subtropical monsoon climate characterised by an early spring, hot summer, cool autumn and warm winter. The average annual temperature for the year is 16 degrees Celsius.
• The spicy, oily hotpot is a very popular dish in Chengdu.
• Dufu’s Thatched Cottage is a museum and memorial for Dufu (712-770 AD) located in Chengdu. He is one of China’s most famous poets, and he lived during the Tang Dynasty.
• Chengdu has the distinction of being the first city in the world to produce paper money
• Qatar Airways also fly to Chongqing 268 km/166 mi from Chengdu
Currency: Renminbi (RMB)
Voltage: 220V, 50Hz
Plugs: A or I or G
Timezone: GMT +8
International dialing code: + 86 28
Distance from Doha: 5,149
Flight Time from Doha: 6 hours, 55 minutes