1. SUMMARY: The “Qatar Airways Travel Festival” promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Qatar Airways (the “Sponsor” or “Qatar Airways”). The prizes are as given in the prize schedule below. The promotion and prizes are subject to these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to legal residents of eligible countries who are at least 21 years old as of 09 January 2017, have a valid passport at the time of participation in the Promotion. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Qatar Airways, its subsidiaries who are involved in organizing this Promotion and each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. A ticket purchase is necessary to participate in this Promotion. Unless Sponsor decides otherwise, prizes will only be awarded after the ticket purchased during the promotional period is flown. If a ticket is cancelled or is partially cancelled for any reason, the prize may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Eligible countries for the Promotion are:
Algeria, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, , Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vietnam.
3. PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RULES: All participants must comply with these Official Rules and any applicable local laws of the eligible countries. All interpretations of these Official Rules by QATAR AIRWAYS are final. When giving an interpretation of these Official Rules, Qatar Airways will act in good faith and will exercise reasonable and equitable discretion.
4. PROMOTION: This Promotion commences on 09 January 2017 at 00:01 local time for the passenger’s point of departure and ends on 16 January 2017 at 23:59 local time for the passenger’s point of departure (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion is carried out on the following website: www.qatarairways.com/travelfestival.
5. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION:
a. Book a Qatar Airways ticket on www.qatarairways.com/travelfestival during the Promotion Period. All confirmed tickets issued until the end of each day of the Promotion Period will be included in the sweepstakes on the next day. 8 sweepstakes will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
b. Bookings where the ticket could not be issued for any reason whatsoever will not be included in the sweepstakes.
c. A total of 522 prizes will be given away during 8 days through random drawing from all eligible entries during the Promotion Period. The first draw will be held on 10 January 2017. The last draw will be held on 17 January 2017.
d. Once a potential winner has been selected, he/she will be each sent a prize announcement email using the email address provided at time of booking. The winner will have to download a prize voucher from the link provided in the prize announcement email within no later than twenty (20) days of the email being sent from Qatar Airways’ servers.
e. The prize redemption process will be detailed in the prize voucher.
f. If a potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or does not download the prize voucher within the specified time, the Sponsor reserves the right to not allow the potential winner to claim the prize.
g. The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed, or due to computer or information technology error in transit.
|Prize||Prizes per day||Total prizes||Prize conditions|
|50,000 (Y) & 100,000 Qmiles (J)||15||120||
|Silver (Y) & Gold (J) FFP membership||3||24||
|QRH Packages (including flights)||2||16||
|Upgrade to Business Class||20||160||
|QDF vouchers QAR 50 (Y) & QAR 100 (J)||18||
|$25 (Y) vouchers (rentalcars.com)||1||8||
|$50 (J) vouchers (rentalcars.com)||1||8||
|Lounge access (Al Maha)||4||32||
|Wellness entry vouchers (HIA Airport hotel)||1||8||
|1 pair of round the world tickets||n/a||1||
|FCB prizes (1 signed jersey + 02 FCB match tickets) + 2 Qatar Airways Economy Class flights)||n/a||1||
7. GENERAL RESTRICTIONS ON ALL PRIZES: No cash redemption or prize substitutions are allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in Sponsor’s discretion or if a prize becomes unavailable without advance notice. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a potential winner who is ineligible for a prize, or is unable to or who does not accept or utilize the prize awarded, for any reason whatsoever. The prize winner is responsible for any and all taxes, fees, security and passenger facility charges applicable to such prize, which may not be issued without payment for taxes and fees. The Qatar Airways Conditions of Carriage shall apply to any air travel on Qatar Airways.
For the prizes consisting of QRH packages that include flights and/or upgrades to business class, all travel arrangements must be booked through Qatar Airways on Qatar Airways’ network only, in compliance with instructions that will be given to the prize winners. The ticket(s) will not be issued without payment for taxes and fees. The prize tickets do not entitle the holder to any mileage credit as part of the Privilege Club program. The validity period for the prize tickets may not be extended and prize tickets may not be rebooked. The Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. The prize tickets will be issued as electronic tickets. Except as is contrary to applicable laws in any eligible country, travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice.
The prize winners are responsible for the cost of visa(s), passport(s), and transportation to and from the specified departure city, and/or lodging expenses, meals, and other travel expenses unless stated otherwise. The prizes are non-extendable, non-transferable and non-cashable. Qatar Airways reserves the right to withhold delivery of the prize until proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Subject to applicable laws of the eligible countries, each winner may grant consent to Sponsor to use the winner’s name, voice, photograph and/or biographical data for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes addressed to the general public in all forms of media, including on QR’s website, worldwide in connection with the Promotion in perpetuity, without any obligation or consideration or counter-part whether financial or otherwise, except for the awarding of the prize to the winner. Each winner can revoke his/her consent at any time by notifying Sponsor in writing to the address stated in Clause 17.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor, its group companies’ members and its employees, officers, directors and agents ,harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations, requirements or agreements of entrant hereunder; or from any direct or indirect damage that may result to such third party from the use or the misuse of a given prize by the entrant subject to applicable laws of the eligible countries. Total liability of Qatar Airways towards an entrant for all claims in general arising out of or in connection with the Promotion shall be limited to the value of the prizes won by such entrant. By Participating, each entrant hereby waives all rights to seek punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or to the full extent allowed by applicable laws of the eligible countries, any and all other damages against the Sponsor or its group companies’ members, agencies and employees in excess of the value of the prizes won by such entrant.
11. FORCE MAJEURE: Except as otherwise expressly set out in these Official Rules, Qatar Airways and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, and its employees, officers, directors, and agents shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of their respective obligations that are caused by events outside of their reasonable control. Qatar Airways is not responsible if ANY PART OF THE PROMOTION IS HELD INVALID BY OPERATION OF LAW IN THE ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES OR if the Promotion terminates or any Prize cannot be used or redeemed due to acts of God, war, terrorism, explosions, fires, floods or other natural calamities, bad weather, strikes, riot, civil disruption, internet failures, or other acts of God or the winner, or for any other occurrences which are outside of Qatar Airways’ reasonable control.
12. DISCLAIMERS: If this Promotion cannot be administered as contemplated for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion, winner selection, or prizes without prior notice subject to any applicable local laws in any eligible country.
13. GOVERNING LAW: This Promotion will be governed by the laws of the State of Qatar and is deemed VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW including in any of the eligible countries indicated above.
14. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of any portion or provision of these Official Rules shall in no way affect the validity, legality, or enforceability of any other portion or provision hereof. Any invalid, illegal, or unenforceable portion or provision shall be deemed severed from these Official Rules and the balance of these Official Rules shall be construed and enforced as if the Official Rules did not contain such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable portion or provision.
15. TAXES: Winners are responsible for paying any applicable international or local taxes on prizes (“Taxes”). Sponsor will comply with all IRS and other government reporting obligations; winners will be asked to provide tax and personal information as a condition of being awarded a prize. In the event the Sponsor is required to pay any Taxes payable by the winners, the winners shall reimburse and indemnify the Sponsor such amount paid by the Sponsor upon receipt of a written notification for such reimbursement.
16. WINNERS’ LIST: A winners list will be posted on the Sponsor’s website at www.qatarairways.com. Any winner who has any concerns may contact any Qatar Airways office worldwide: qatarairways.com/contact.
17. SPONSOR: This Promotion is sponsored by Qatar Airways, Q.C.S.C. a Qatari Closed Shareholding company organized and existing under the applicable laws of the State of Qatar, with commercial registration N°16070, PO Box 22550, Doha, State of Qatar (“Sponsor”). The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all aspects of this Promotion.